|Directed by||Pedro Damián|
|Opening theme||Quinceañera (Timbiriche)|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||105|
|Original channel||Televisa S.A. de C.V.|
|Original run||October 5, 1987 – February 26, 1988|
|Preceded by||El precio de la fama|
|Followed by||Dulce Desafío|
Quinceañera (Sweet 15), is a Mexican telenovela, produced by and broadcast on Televisa in 1987, starring Adela Noriega and Thalía. Quinceañera was the first telenovela to talk about substance abuse, date rape and gangs, and is considered to be the first telenovela made for teenagers.
Quinceañera was named by the Associated Press as one of the 10 most influential telenovelas ever to air in Latin America, and Univision tlnovelas viewers named it one of their all-time favorite Mexican telenovelas. In 2010, Quinceañera was placed #7 on the People en Español's "20 Best Telenovelas" list, and in 2012, Terra named it as one of the 50 best telenovelas of all-time.
Maricruz (Adela Noriega) and Beatriz (Thalía) are classmates and best friends. Maricruz is from a working-class family, while Beatriz's is very wealthy. They are both 14 and excited about their quinceañera parties and becoming women.
Mechanic's apprentice Pancho (Ernesto Laguardia) and gang tough Memo (Sebastián Ligarde) are attracted to Maricruz. Maricruz is immediately disgusted by Memo and eventually accepts Pancho's love. Memo attacks Maricruz; she faints before he can rape her, but he lets her believe he did rape her. She feels violated, defiled, and unworthy of Pancho and believes he won't want her now.
At the same time, Maricruz's brother Gerardo (Rafael Rojas) starts dating Beatriz when their mother pressures her children to raise their social class. When Beatriz becomes pregnant, her family supports her after their initial horror. Both girls realize that the passage to womanhood was not what they expected.
- Timbiriche - Quinceañera (instrumental)
- Pandora - Ella Se Llenó de Amor
- Bryan Adams - Native Son
- Vangelis - To The Unknown Man
- Manuel Mijares - El Rey de la Noche (instrumental)
- Miguel Mateos - Cuando Seas Grande
- Michael Jackson - Bad
- Luis Miguel - Cuando Calienta el Sol (instrumental)
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You (instrumental)
- Pink Floyd - Terminal Frost (instrumental)
- Pandora - Tu Cariño
1988 TVyNovelas Awards
|Best Telenovela||Carla Estrada||
|Best Young Lead Actress||Adela Noriega||
|Best Young Lead Actor||Ernesto Laguardia||
|Best Female Antagonist||Inés Morales||Nominated|
|Best Male Antagonist||Sebastián Ligarde||
|Best Female Revelation||Thalía||
|Best Male Revelation||Armando Araiza||
|Best Musical Theme||Timbiriche||
- Televisa made a remake of Quinceañera named Primer amor... a mil por hora, in 2000, and a second remake, Miss XV, in 2012.
- GMA Network is planning to produce a remake of Quinceañera starring Bea Binene and Barbie Forteza, scheduled for 2017.
- "Quinceañera, la telenovela juvenil mexicana sobre el verdadero amor y la amistad" (in Spanish). Kidzworldespanol.com. Retrieved 03/02/2013.
- Associated Press (December 27, 2008). "Las 10 telenovelas más influyentes de AL" (in Spanish). Retrieved 03/02/2013.
- Univision.com. "¿Cuál ha sido la mejor telenovela de Univision tlnovelas?" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Las 20 mejores telenovelas: Quinceañera". People en Español (in Spanish). March 31, 2010. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- Terra.com.pe (November 14, 2012). "Las 50 mejores telenovelas de todos los tiempos" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-04-28.