Quincy Center (MBTA station)
Quincy Center MBTA station is combined with a now-closed parking structure
|Address||1300 Hancock Street
at Washington Street
Quincy, MA 02169
|Platforms||1 side platform (Commuter Rail)
1 island platform (Red Line)
|Tracks||1 (Commuter Rail)
2 (Red Line)
|Parking||872 spaces, $5.00 fee,
16 accessible spaces
|Bicycle facilities||20 spaces|
|Opened||September 1, 1971|
|Owned by||Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority|
|Fare zone||1 for Commuter Rail services only (Part of former exit fare zone of the Red Line.)|
|Passengers (2009)||7,913 (weekday average boardings)|
Quincy Center is a station on the Red Line subway at 1300 Hancock Street and Washington Street, serving the Quincy Center area of Quincy, Massachusetts. Its other facilities include nearby stops on the MBTA Commuter Rail, Old Colony Lines, and bus connections at street level.
|Parking garage||-||Parking garage (closed)|
|Inbound||← Red Line toward Alewife (Wollaston)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Outbound||→ Red Line toward Braintree (Quincy Adams) →|
|Commuter rail platform||← Commuter rail lines →
← CapeFLYER does not stop here →
|Side platform, doors will open on the left/right|
Quincy Center Station opened in 1971 as part of the new South Shore branch of the Red Line, and was its southern terminus until 1980. Service began on the Middleborough/Lakeville and Plymouth/Kingston commuter rail lines in 1997; Greenbush Line service began on October 31, 2007.
Starting on July 4, 2012, the Quincy Center parking garage was closed indefinitely due to structural issues. At 41 years old, the garage is the oldest anywhere on the MBTA system. The Red Line and commuter rail platforms remain open.
- Quincy Center Local Historic District
- 210 North Quincy or Fields Corner via Neponset Ave. & Hancock St.
- 211 Squantum via North Quincy or Billings Rd.
- 212 North Quincy Sta.
- 214 Germantown via Sea St.
- 215 Ashmont Station via West Quincy
- 216 Hough's Neck via Sea St.
- 217 Ashmont Station via Wollaston Beach
- 220 Hingham
- 221 Fort Point
- 222 East Weymouth
- 225 Weymouth Landing via Quincy Ave.
- 230 Montello Commuter Rail Station via Holbrook
- 236 South Shore Plaza
- 238 Holbrook/Randolph Commuter Rail Station via Crawford Square
- 245 Mattapan Sta. via Pleasant St.
Quincy Center station is partially handicapped accessible; there is no handicapped access from the Burgin Parkway entrance. See MBTA accessibility.
- "MBTA > Subway > Quincy Center". Retrieved 2007-10-02.
- "Off Hancock Street". Historic and Architectural Survey Quincy, Massachusetts. Thomas Crane Public Library, Quincy, Mass. 1986. p. 77. Retrieved 2007-10-02.
- "Ridership and Service Statistics". Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Bartlett, Jessica (3 July 2012). "Quincy Center T garage closed due to structural problems". Boston Globe. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Quincy Center (MBTA station).|
- MBTA - Quincy Center Station
- MBTA - Old Colony Lines
- MBTA - Greenbush Line
- Burgin Pkwy entrance from Google Maps Street View