Quinn Coliseum is a basketball, swimming and volleyball arena in La Grande, Oregon which serves as the home for the Eastern Oregon Mountaineers. It was constructed in 1958 with a "wing" architecture theme. In 2007, Quinn Coliseum was renovated, which included a new bleachers, energy efficient lighting, and new indoor softball batting cages. Quinn Coliseum hosted amateur boxing matches in the 1980s. In 1986, a drowning occurred in the deep end of the pool facilities. John Norton, 45 of Baker, was discovered at the bottom of the pool by a lifeguard and was unresponsive to revive him. Quinn Coliseum is currently being rebuilt by SERA Architects from Portland.
Quinn Coliseum seats 1200 people.
- "EOC campus architecture looks like patchwork quilt". The Oregonian (Portland, Oregon). 4 June 1973. p. 27.
- "Quinn Coliseum to undergo major renovations; New bleachers, energy efficient lighting, repainting of entire gymnasium and installing electric batting cages for softball all on list". EOU Athletic Department. La Grande, Oregon: Eastern Oregon University. 29 March 2007. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "McArthur selected for NAIA hono". The Oregonian (Portland, Oregon). 8 February 1983. p. 84.
- "Death ruled accident". The Oregonian (Portland, Oregon). 27 August 1986. p. 78.
- "Quinn Coliseum Renovation, Eastern Oregon University". SERA Architects. Retrieved 3 February 2014.