|No. 90 Calgary Stampeders|
|Date of birth:||September 19, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Scarborough, Ontario|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight:||300 lb (140 kg)|
|High school:||Birchmont Park Collegiate Institute|
|CFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 1 / Pick: 7|
|Drafted by:||Calgary Stampeders|
Career highlights and awards
|Playing stats at|
Quinn Smith (born September 19, 1991) is a Canadian professional gridiron football defensive lineman currently playing for the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Prior to being drafted into the CFL, he played Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) football for the Concordia Stingers.
In 2013, his final year at Concordia, Smith played offensive guard to cover for injured teammates in addition to playing his usual defensive tackle. He was named the Stingers' 2013 football MVP and top defensive lineman by the team.
Smith impressed the scouts with at the 2014 CFL Combine in March. He had not been ranked on the CFL Scouting Bureau's winter scouting report, but he was listed as the number 4 prospect after the combine.
Smith was selected in the first round of the 2014 CFL draft, seventh overall, by the Stampeders, and was later signed to their roster.
- Mingo, Rita (27 June 2014), "Old-school Quinn Smith brings offensive experience to the defensive line", Calgary Herald, retrieved 8 Sep 2014
- "Quinn Smith named football MVP". Concordia University Athletics. 2 February 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- Penton, Kirk (24 April 2014). "Could RedBlacks pick Quinn Smith first overall in CFL draft?". Winnipeg Sun. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- Stampeders bio Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- Calgary Stampeders youngster trying to put steroid mess behind him
|This biographical article relating to Canadian football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|