|Shooting guard / Small forward|
April 30, 1981 |
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (198 cm)|
|Listed weight||193 lb (88 kg)|
|High school||Justin F. Kimball
|NBA draft||2003 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2003–present|
|2003-2004||Telindus Oostende (Belgium)|
|2004–2008||Los Angeles Clippers|
|2010–2011||New Jersey Nets|
|2012||Canton Charge (D-League)|
Quinton Lenord Ross (born April 30, 1981) is an American professional basketball player.
High school and college
Ross led Dallas's Justin F. Kimball High School to the state finals, but they lost in the championship game.
He went undrafted in the 2003 NBA Draft after graduating from Southern Methodist University where he majored in economics. Ross averaged 14.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.9 assists in 119 games played over his four-year collegiate career. He finished his career at SMU as the school's fourth all-time leading scorer with 1,763 points, and was named all-Conference USA first team in 2003.
He was the final player waived by the Clippers prior to the start of the regular season. Following that 2003 preseason in which he averaged 5.4 points, 0.8 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in five games with the Clippers, Ross signed with Telindus Oostende of Belgium for one season (2003–04). During his time overseas, he averaged 16.7 points and 4.8 rebounds. Ross signed a four-year free agent contract with the Clippers on August 16, 2004.
On January 17, 2007, Ross scored 24 points in a win against the Golden State Warriors. His previous career high occurred on May 18, 2006, against the Phoenix Suns in game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, when he scored 18 points.
On September 26, 2008, Ross signed a contract with the Memphis Grizzlies. Ross's Grizzlies teammate, Darrell Arthur, is his first cousin. On July 8, 2009, Ross signed a contract with the Dallas Mavericks.
During the 2012–13 season, he played in France.
Awards and honors
- WAC Player of the Year honors: 2002–03
- First Team All-WAC honors: 2003
- Associated Press Honorable Mention All-America: 2003
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- NBA.com : Quinton Ross Bio Page
- SMU's Papa Dia named all-Conference USA - Dallas Colleges Blog - ESPN Dallas
- Grizzlies sign swingman Quinton Ross
- Brand, Clippers take care of short-handed Warriors
- Clippers cool off Suns to force Game 7
- Darrell Arthur Biography
- "Wizards Acquire Howard, Gooden, Singleton, and Ross From Mavericks". NBA.com. February 13, 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- Wizards Acquire Yi Jianlian, Cash Considerations From New Jersey
- Quinton Ross. basketball-reference.
- Boulazac keep Quinton Ross for one more month