|Industry||Computer security, Internet security|
|Key people||Chairman & CEO: Roman Brunner|
QuoVadis is an X.509 certificate authority, a trusted third party which issues digital certificates for authentication and digital signatures as well as for TLS/SSL. QuoVadis is a Qualified Certification Services Provider in several countries. This means that QuoVadis is accredited by those countries to issue Qualified Certificates. Digital signatures created using those Qualified Certificates enjoy a special legal status.
QuoVadis’ accreditations include:
- Qualified CSP in Netherlands granted by the Independent Post and Telecommunications Authority (OPTA), based on a certification by the British Standards Institute (BSI) using the TTP.NL Scheme for Certification Authorities.
- PKIoverheid managed by Logius, designed for trustworthy electronic communication within and with the Dutch government.
- Qualified CSP in Belgium under supervision by FPS Economy - Quality and Safety.
- Qualified CSP in Switzerland granted by BAKOM based on a certification from KPMG using ETSI TS 101 456 and other related standards.
- Authorised CSP in Bermuda based on that country’s Electronic Transactions Act.
- WebTrust for Certification Authorities, WebTrust for Extended Validation, WebTrust for Baseline Requirements
QuoVadis has operations in Belgium, Bermuda, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
The company was founded in 1999 with backing from a venture capital affiliate of the Zurich Financial Services Group. The company later underwent a management buyout and subsequent private equity investment from ABRY Partners.
QuoVadis is an approved issuer for SuisseID, the Swiss voluntary national e-ID program.
In Bermuda, the company's subsidiary QuoVadis Services is a leading provider of managed hosting and private cloud services.
- See digital signatures and law which discusses Directive 1999/93/EC, the EU framework upon which national Qualified CSP regimes are based.
- "Qualified CSP in Netherlands".
- "Belgium Trust Service List".
- Stefanie Hägler (2011-12-09). "Directory of the certified bodies conform to the Bundesgesetz über die elektronische Signatur (ZertES)".
- "ETSI Electronic Signature: TS 101 456 Policy requirements for certification authorities issuing qualified certificates". ETSI.
- "QuoVadis Bermuda Authorised CSP Certificate" (PDF).
- "Links to WebTrust seals: QuoVadis Limited" (PDF).
- "Quo Vadis Launches First Offshore Commercial Digital Certificate Authority In Bermuda". tax-news.com. 2000-09-19.
- Alex Wright (2007-07-10). "QuoVadis expansion aided by multi-million dollar investment". Royal Gazette.
- "Managed DataCentre and Disaster Recovery Services". QuoVadis.