QupZilla running in KDE Plasma 4
|Initial release||December 2010|
|Stable release||1.8.6 (January 26, 2015 ) [±]|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Unix-like, OS/2, Haiku|
QupZilla is a free and open-source web browser, intended for general users. It allows seamless integration with users' desktop environments and has several distinguishing features. QupZilla is licensed under GPLv3.
QupZilla makes use of the WebKit HTML engine provided in QtWebKit, to support modern web standards. Additional effort was put into seamless integration of the browser with the native look and feel of users' desktops. Some additional features of the browser include the integration of history, web feeds and bookmarks in a single location, the ability to take a screenshot of the entire page, and an Opera-like "Speed dial" home page. It is reported to consume fewer system resources than the major general purpose browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
QupZilla uses the Qt cross-platform application framework and offers an optimized built-in AdBlock. A "portable" (no installation) version for Windows platforms exists. QupZilla is also distributed in the PortableApps format.
The project was started as a research project in 2010. The first preview release, written in Python (using PyQt library), was ready by December 2010. In 2011 the source code was rewritten in C++ with a goal to create a general purpose portable web browser, with the initial target being seamless integration with the desktop environment's look and feel of Microsoft Windows, and Linux. Version 1.6.6 (May 2014) still supported Windows 2000.
- Comparison of lightweight web browsers
- Comparison of web browsers
- List of web browsers
- List of web browsers for Unix and Unix-like operating systems
- QtWeb, older browser with a similar architecture
- "QupZilla Changelog". GitHub. 2015-01-26. Retrieved 2015-01-29.
- "Qupzilla at Freshports". Freshports. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Němec, Petr (28 December 2011). "Softwarová sklizeň (28. 12. 2011)" [Software picks (28 December 2011)]. Root.cz (in Czech). Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Голубев, Сергей (10 February 2012). "QupZilla - браузер на основе Qt и WebKit" [QupZilla - browser based on Qt and WebKit]. PC Week/RE (in Russian). Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Richmond, Gary (6 January 2012). "QupZilla Browser: one web browser, three niche features". Free Software Magazine. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Sneddon, Joey (22 December 2011). "Qupzilla – the Best Browser You’ve Never Heard of?". OMG! Ubuntu!. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "QupZilla Portable 1.8.6 (web browser) Released". PortableApps. 2015-01-27. Retrieved 2015-02-24.
- "README.md". GitHub. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Chirkov, Maxim, ed. (26 December 2011). "Qupzilla - новый многоплатформенный web-браузер на базе Qt и WebKit" [Qupzilla - new multiplatform web browser based on Qt and WebKit]. OpenNet (in Russian). Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- David Rosca (2014-10-12). "Cookies issue + Build for Mac OS X available!". Development updates on QtWebKit browser QupZilla. Retrieved 2015-01-29.
the latest 1.8 version is not working on Windows 2000
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to QupZilla.|