|Structure||4 verses, 17 words, 73 letters|
Sūrat Quraysh (Arabic: سورة قريش) (after the tribe of Quraysh) is the 106th chapter of the Qur'an. It is a Meccan sura consisting of 4 ayat.The Surah has been so entitled after the word Quraish in the very first verse.
- بِسۡمِ اللّٰہِ الرَّحۡمٰنِ الرَّحِیۡمِ
- لِاِیۡلٰفِ قُرَیۡشٍ
- اٖلٰفِہِمۡ رِحۡلَۃَ الشِّتَآءِ وَ الصَّیۡفِ
- فَلۡیَعۡبُدُوۡا رَبَّ ہٰذَا الۡبَیۡتِ
- الَّذِیۡۤ اَطۡعَمَہُمۡ مِّنۡ جُوۡعٍ ۙ وَّ اٰمَنَہُمۡ مِّنۡ خَوۡفٍ
the third ayah can be joint read with the fourth ayah. The Noble Quran is an holy book, like the bible.
English Translation of verse
English Translation by Muhammad Shameem, Mohammad Wali Raazi and Muhammad Taqi Usmani:
Because of the familiarity of the Quraish,  that is, their familiarity with the trips of winter and summer,  they must worship the Lord of this House,  who gave them food against hunger, and gave them security against fear. 
English Translation by Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall:
For the taming of Qureysh  For their taming (We cause) the caravans to set forth in winter and summer.  So let them worship the Lord of this House,  Who hath fed them against hunger and hath made them safe from fear. 
For the covenants (of security and safeguard enjoyed) by the Quraish,  Their covenants (covering) journeys by winter and summer,-  Let them adore the Lord of this House,  Who provides them with food against hunger, and with security against fear (of danger). 
It urges the Quraysh tribe who dominated Mecca to serve God, who had protected them, for the sake of their own future. It is one of two suras containing 4 ayat; the other is Al-Ikhlas. It forms a pair with the preceding sura, al-Fil, reminding the Quraysh of the favors that God had bestowed on them. It is said[by whom?] that in Ubayy ibn Ka'b's copy of the Quran they were written together as a single sura.
The Kaaba was central to the life of the Quraysh, being a center of pilgrimage which brought much trade and prestige. Sura al-Fil describes how God saved the Kaaba from destruction, while sura Quraysh describes God as Lord of the Kaaba. It also urges the Quraysh to worship God so that, among other things, he should protect them on their trading journeys.
- ar:سورة قريش
- "Pickthall Translation of Holy Quran".
- "Works of Yusuf Ali".
- The Meaning of the Holy Qur'an. Amana Publications. 978-1590080252
- Surah Quraysh (Complete text in Arabic with English and French translations)
- Works by Abdullah Yusuf Ali at Project Gutenberg
- The Holy Qur'an, translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali
- Three translations at Project Gutenberg
- Works by Marmaduke Pickthall at Project Gutenberg
|Sura 106||Next sura:
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|