||//; Irish: [ˈrˠoːʃiːnʲ] or /rˠoːˈʃiːnʲ/
|Region of origin
||Róisín Dubh, Rose, Rosie
||Look up Róisín in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Róisín, Rosheen or Roisin (//; Irish pronunciation: [ˈrˠoːʃiːnʲ] or /rˠoːˈʃiːnʲ/) is an Irish female given name meaning little rose. The English equivalent is Rose, Rosaleen or Rosie.
- Roisin Carty, dialect coach for motion pictures
- Roisin Conaty, English comedian
- Roisin Dunne, guitarist in the group 7 Year Bitch
- Róisín Egenton (born 1977), winner of the 2000 Rose of Tralee
- Róisín Ingle, Journalist for the Irish Times
- Róisín McAliskey (born 1971), Irish political activist
- Roisin McAuley, TV reporter and author
- Roisin McGettigan (born 1980), Irish athlete
- Róisín Monaghan (born 1979), Irish American actress
- Róisín Murphy (born 1973), Irish singer/songwriter
- Róisín O (born 1988), Irish singer/songwriter
- Róisín Shortall (born 1954), Irish politician
- Róisín Dubh is a common Irish translation of the nationalistic poem "Dark Rosaleen" by James Clarence Mangan, and a personification of Ireland.