Río Verde, Chile
The unpaved Road Y-50 in Chilean Patagonia, about 70 km north of Punta Arenas, going towards Rio Verde. On the left side is the narrow Fitz Roy Channel, with Isla Riesco on the other side. This area is very sparsely populated
|Region||Magallanes in southern Patagonia|
|• Alcalde||Tatiana Vásquez Barrientos (UDI)|
|• Total||9,975.2 km2 (3,851.4 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||0.036/km2 (0.093/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Río Verde|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Río Verde spans an area of 9,975.2 km2 (3,851 sq mi) and has 358 inhabitants (295 men and 63 women), making the commune an entirely rural area. The population grew by 6.9% (23 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
As a commune, Río Verde is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2008-2012 alcalde is Tatiana Vásquez Barrientos (UDI).
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Río Verde is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Carolina Goic (PDC) and Miodrag Marinovic (Ind.) as part of the 60th electoral district, which includes the entire Magallanes and Antartica Chilena Region. The commune is represented in the Senate by Carlos Bianchi Chelech (Ind.) and Pedro Muñoz Aburto (PS) as part of the 19th senatorial constituency (Magallanes Region).
- (Spanish) "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades". Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- (Spanish) "Municipality of Río Verde". Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- (Spanish) "National Statistics Institute". Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 2007-05-05.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 2007-05-05.
- (Spanish) Municipality of Río Verde