From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rüdiger (English Ruediger, Rudiger, Roger) is a German given name. The meaning comes from Old High German: hruod (fame) and ger (spear). The name became popular because of the character Rüdiger von Bechelaren from Nibelung.
People named Rüdiger
- Prince Rüdiger of Saxony (b. 1953), German prince
- Rüdiger Abramczik (b. 1956), German footballer
- Rüdiger Gamm (b. 1971), German "mental calculator"
- Rüdiger Haas (b. 1969), German tennis player
- Rüdiger Nehberg (b. 1935), German human rights activist, author and survival expert
- Rüdiger Overmans, German historian specialized in World War II
- Rüdiger Safranski (b. 1945), German philosopher and author.
- Rüdiger Schleicher (1895-1945), German resistance fighter
- Ernst Rüdiger Starhemberg (1899-1956), Austrian politician
- Rüdiger Vogler (b. 1942), German film actor
- "Rudiger meaning and name origin". Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "Rüdiger Vorname Herkunft und Bedeutung des Althochdeutschen Jungennamen Namenstag Namensbedeutung". Retrieved 9 November 2011.