From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from R.I.P. (song))
For uses other than abbreviations, see Rip (disambiguation).
|Look up RIP in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
R.I.P. is an abbreviation for the Latin words requiescat in pace. Its English equivalent is "May (s/he) rest in peace".
R.I.P. or RIP may also refer to:
- Ramus interventricularis paraconalis, branch of the right coronary artery
- Regulated intramembrane proteolysis, a biochemical process which regulates a semipermeable membrane
- Repeat induced point-mutation, a process by which DNA in some fungi accumulates mutations
- Ribosome inactivating protein, a type of protein that controls ribosomes
- RNA Immunoprecipitation, a method of precipitating RNA out of solution using an antibody that specifically binds to the desired RNA fragment
- Raster image processor, a component used in a printing system which produces a bitmap
- Real IP address, a term used in load balancing
- Recovery Is Possible, a Linux distribution
- Relative Instruction-Pointer, an addressing mode peculiar to the x86-64 architecture
- Remote Imaging Protocol, a method of using graphics instead of text on a Bulletin Board System
- Routing Information Protocol, a protocol used in computer networks
- Row Instruction Pointer, a special purpose processor register in network processors
- RIP register, an instruction pointer in 64-bit x86 processors
- Relief in Place, a military term used to refer to one unit being replaced at their post by another, often written and spoken as "RIP". Heard often in the last months of a deployment rotation.
- R.I.P. cartridge (Round, Irritant, Personnel), or tear-gas cartridge, a specialist shotgun ammunition
- Ranger Indoctrination Program, a U.S. Army program requirement for assignment to a Ranger battalion
- RIP (band), a punk band from Basque Country (Spain)
- R.I.P. (Coroner album), a 1987 album by thrash metal band Coroner
- R.I.P. (Rocket from the Crypt album), a 2008 album of a 2005 live performance by Rocket from the Crypt
- Rust in Peace, a 1990 album by the band Megadeth
- "R.I.P. (Rock in Peace)", a song by AC/DC that originally appeared on the Australian version of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, but was released internationally in the 2009 box set Backtracks
- "R.I.P.", a song by September from the 2007 Dancing Shoes album
- "R.I.P. (Rest in Pain)", a song by Sepultura from the 1987 Schizophrenia album
- "R.I.P." (Young Jeezy song) a song by American rapper Young Jeezy featuring 2 Chainz
- "R.I.P." (Rita Ora song) by Rita Ora
- "R.I.P." (story), a 1998 short story by Poppy Z. Brite
- Reduced Ignition Propensity cigarettes, more commonly called Fire safe cigarettes
- RIPA or RIP, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, a UK act of Parliament
- RiP!: A Remix Manifesto
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.