|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2010)|
With the Meg Harris mystery series Harlick introduces protagonist Meg Harris who has fled the urban frenzy of Toronto and her failed marriage to a remote wilderness property in West Quebec. The only neighbour to her 1,500-acre (6.1 km2) property is the 35-square-mile (91 km2) reserve of the Fishhook Algonquins, or Migiskan Anishinabeg. Her sought after peace is interrupted by injustice and murder. Unable to ignore it, Meg invariably becomes enmeshed in a quagmire of murderous intrigue.""
Harlick is a member of, and former president of Capital Crime Writers. She is also a member of, and former Regional Vice President of Crime Writers of Canada. She is a member of Sisters in Crime. She has participated as a panellist at various mystery conferences such as Bouchercon, Left Coast Crime, Bloody Words and Malice Domestic.
In her former career R.J. Harlick worked for major computer corporations such as IBM and DMR Group, then with her own management consultancy practice. She was a member of the Canadian Institute of Management Consultants and held the CMC designation.
She is an avid supporter of environmental causes and worked for several years on the board of the Ottawa Valley Chapter of Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society.
List of Publications
- Silver Totem of Shame Dundurn Press, 2014 ISBN 978-1-459721-69-2
- Arctic Blue Death RendezVous Press, 2009 ISBN 978-1-894917-87-2
- The River Runs Orange RendezVous Press, 2008 ISBN 978-1-894917-62-9
- Red Ice for a Shroud RendezVous Press, 2006 ISBN 1-894917-38-3
- Death's Golden Whisper RendezVous Press, 2004 ISBN 1-894917-11-1
- When the Red, Red Robin... in Bone Dance: a Crime and Mystery Collection by the Ladies Killing Circle, edited by Sue Pike and Joan Boswell RendezVous Press, 2003 ISBN 0-89491-705-7
- Lady Luck in Bloody Words; The Anthology, edited by Cheryl Freeman & Carol Soles Baskerville Books, 2003 ISBN 0-9686776-6-5
- Seigneur Poisson in Fit to Die: a Crime and Mystery Collection by The Ladies Killing Circle, edited by Joan Boswell and Sue Pike RendezVous Press, 2001 ISBN 0-929141-87-3
- Lady Luck 3rd place Winner of the Bony Pete Award, 2002
-  [The Hamilton Spectator] Review of Arctic Blue Death
-  The Hamilton Spectator Review of The River Runs Orange
-  R.J. Harlick on the UK based biography site, Fantastic Fiction
-  Books 'n' Bytes Author listing for R.J. Harlick
-  R.J. Harlick Bio on Rendezvous Press publisher's website
-  Canadian Authors Website
-  The Regina Leader Post article about R.J. Harlick by Mike Gillespie
-  Ottawa Public Library Foundation Biography of R.J. Harlick
-  University of Toronto Arts and Science Alumni RJ Harlick
-  The Writers Union of Canada Author Profile of R.J. Harlick