R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital
|R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital|
|Established||1886: Calcutta School of Medicine
1887: Calcutta Medical School
1895: College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bengal
1904: The Calcutta Medical School and College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bengal
1916: Belgachhia Medical College
1919: Carmichael Medical College
1948: R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital
|Principal||Dr. Suddhodhan Batabyal|
|Dean||Dr. Anup Kumar Das|
|Location||1, Khudiram Bose Sarani
Kolkata - 700004
West Bengal, India
|Affiliations||1)University of Calcutta (1916-2003)
2) The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (2003-Present) 
R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital is medical school and hospital in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is the first and oldest non-governmental medical colleges in Asia and one of the premiere medical colleges in India.
Established in 1886 as The Calcutta School of Medicine, the school had no connected hospital and practiced out of the small Mayo Hospital. In 1902, it moved to its own complex, including a school building and hospital. In 1904, it merged with the national College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bengal and, after a period of further growth, became the Belgachia Medical College in 1916. From 1918 to 1948, the college was known as Carmichael Medical College in honor of Thomas Gibson-Carmichael, who was the Governor of Bengal when the college was inaugurated in 1916; the institution was given its current name on 12 May 1948 to honor Dr. Rath Govinda Kar who first conceived of it. In May 1958, the college came under the control of the government of West Bengal.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital.|
- World Health Organization (1 January 2000). World Directory of Medical Schools. World Health Organization. p. 144. ISBN 978-92-4-150010-4.
- Chakrabarti, Dilip Kumar; Ramanuj Mukherjee; Samik Kumar Bandyopadhyay; Sasanka Nath; Saibal Kumar Mukherjee (October 2011). "R.G.Kar Medical College, Kolkata—A Premiere Institute of India". Indian Journal of Surgery 73 (73(5)): 390–393. doi:10.1007/s12262-011-0327-1. PMC 3208697. PMID 23024555.
- "History". R.G. Kar Medical College. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Official website of R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital Batch 1982-1987, History of R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital
- Directory of Medical Colleges in India. Central Bureau of Health Intelligence, Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. 1976. p. 282.