R. J. Danvers
|R. J. Danvers|
October 13, 1988 |
|Ethnicity||Lebanese / Irish|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||175 lb (79 kg; 12.5 st)|
Danvers was represented by FabScout Entertainment and signed exclusively at Raging Stallion Studios, based in San Francisco, California until his contract expired in 2010. RJ is notable because at 19, he made history and became the youngest performer to ever be signed exclusively to Raging Stallion Studios. Since the beginning of his contract with Raging Stallion in July 2007, he has appeared in four films. Road Trip : Russian River, a film RJ starred in prior to being signed to Raging Stallion Studios, was nominated for Best Pro Am Release at the 2008 GayVN Awards. The block buster military epic Grunts, his first major project at Raging Stallion Studios in which he received star credit, was nominated and won Best Picture at the 2008 GayVN Awards on February 16, 2008. Grunts was also ground breaking and recognized as being the top grossing gay adult film in the last five years, as well as the most expensive to be made, shattering previous records. Grunts cost an estimated $250,000 to film, and grossed nearly $25,000 in its first 24 hours of release.
RJ entered the adult entertainment industry in February 2007, when he was signed by FabScout Entertainment, based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. RJ performed in one film for Falcon Entertainment prior to being signed to Raging Stallion Studios. At the time of the 2008 GayVN Awards, every project that RJ had worked on in the previous year was nominated for an award. Chris Ward, president of Raging Stallion Studios, has called RJ "the hottest new man in porn for the past five years". RJ performs exclusively in the bottom role.
Nearly all of RJ's movies are available for viewing on NakedSword. NakedSword is one of the largest online streaming porn sites in the world; they have partnered with both Falcon Entertainment and Playgirl as well as Raging Stallion Studios to provide online streaming video services.
Naked Sword was also involved in the production of Grunts, partnering with Raging Stallion to co produce the film.
In June 2008, Unzipped Magazine reviewed Danvers' blog, giving it a rating of B+ and calling it "essential reading for those who are in any way intrigued by the adult industry—and especially hot young porn stars."
In 2011, Danvers officially announced he was permanently retiring from the adult film industry.
On June 2010, Danvers entered rehab to treat amphetamine addiction, and on September 25, 2010, he announced in his blog he had moved from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he started working on a comic book store, and put his porn career on hiatus as part of the process of recovery. On December, 2010, he started working for Fabscout entertainment, the same company that represented him in his film career. As of June 2011, RJ no longer works for Fabscout.
- Road Trip: Russian River – Falcon Entertainment
- Grunts – Raging Stallion Studios
- Trouser Trout – Monster Bang Studios
- Jock Itch – Screaming Eagle
- Hotter Than Hell – Raging Stallion Studios
- To the Last Man: Gathering – Raging Stallion Studios
- Unzipped Magazine December 2007
- Unzipped Magazine January 2008
- Genre Magazine January/February 2008
- About Me[dead link]. RJDanvers.com. Retrieved on 2008-02-09.
- Benji Featherstone (August 1, 2007). "RJ Danvers Signs With Raging Stallion". GayVN. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- Rod McCollum (11 December 2007). "Everything's Coming Up RJ Danvers". Fleshbot. Retrieved 2008-03-03.
- Benji Featherstone (16 February 2008). "The Winners of the 2008 GAYVN Awards". AVN. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- G. Zisk Rice (21 November 2007). ""Grunts" Breaks One-Day Sales Records". AVN. Archived from the original on 2008-06-07. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- ATKOL Forums - Falcon's Jocks line is back. ATKOL Video. Retrieved on 2008-02-09.
- Papi Chulo, 2008-05-07. Papi Chulo's BLOG. papiinmiamifl.typepad.com. Retrieved on 2008-05-07.
- Steve Javors, 2006-08-01. Falcon Studios, NakedSword Announce Strategic Partnership. xbiz.com. Retrieved on 2006-11-17.
- "Raging Stallion and NakedSword/AEBN to Co-Produce Feature". AVN. 18 July 2007. Archived from the original on 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- Genre magazine. January/February 2008. SkinTalk: RJ Danvers. Page 20.
- "Dear Dirty Diary". Unzipped Magazine. June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-06.[dead link]
- . XBIZ Awards 2009 Official Nominees Announced. Retrieved on December 4, 2008.
- "RJ Danvers Interview". jumponmarkslist.com. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "RJ Danvers XXX: Where to begin?". Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- "RJ Danvers XXX: Lovin Life". Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- R.J. Danvers' Official Blog
- R.J. Danvers' Official MySpace Page
- Yahoo Group
- Papi Chulo's BLOG: The RJ DANVERS Interview Warning Adult Content: RJ Danvers Talks About Becoming a Raging Stallion Exclusive.
- R. J. Danvers at the Internet Movie Database
- R. J. Danvers at the Internet Adult Film Database
- R. J. Danvers at the Adult Film Database