R. Leo Sprinkle
During his time as a professor at the University of Wyoming he was perhaps the first academic figure to investigate tales of supposed alien abduction; his involvement in this field began in the 1960s. (Sprinkle in Kannenberg, 1992, ix) In 1968 he investigated on the Schirmer Abduction. He is also known for his involvement with Stan Romanek, a well-known alien abductee, whom he hypnotised to retrieve lost memories of his supposed abductions.
- Bryan, C.D.B. (1995). Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind: Alien Abduction, UFOs, and the Conference at M.I.T. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. ISBN 0-679-42975-1.
- Kannenberg, Ida M. (1993). UFOs and the Psychic Factor: How to Understand Encounters With UFOs and ETs. Tigard, OR: Wild Flower Press. ISBN 0-926524-13-5.
- Sprinkle, Leo R. (1999). Soul Samples: Personal Exploration in Reincarnation and UFO Experiences. Columbus, NC: Granite Publishing. ISBN 1-893183-05-X.
- Philip J. Corso. "Dr. Leo Sprinkle and "Soul Samples"".
- "Professor says he rode in alien craft as a boy Psychologist: `I'm on a mission'". July 11, 1988.
- 1968 Congressional Hearings: Prepared Statement by Dr. R. Leo Sprinkle
- Psychotheraputic Services For Persons Who Claim UFO Experiences, by Dr R. Leo Sprinkle
- R. Leo Sprinkle papers at the University of Wyoming - American Heritage Center
- Interview with Leo Sprinkle
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|