R. S. Puram, Coimbatore
|R. S. Puram|
Diwan Bahadur Road
|Elevation||411 m (1,348 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
RS Puram (or "Rathina Sabapathi Puram") is a residential area and shopping district in Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. R.S Puram is considered a perfect mixture of commercial and residential hub. The neighborhood is abound with multi-national commercial establishments, important government offices,sprawling educational institutions, shopping complexes, sporting facilities, tourist spots, restaurants, and cultural centers. R.S Puram also a prime residential area in Coimbatore.
RS Puram is situated to near Old Coimbatore area of Ukkadam and Poomarket between Mettupalayam Road and Thadagam Road. RS Puram shares a border with: Sai Baba colony, Sukrawarpettai, Gandhi Park, Mettupalayam Road, Tamil Nadu Agri University Campus(TNAU), Forest Campus and Thadagam Road.
RS Puram has an approximate population of 1,00,000. Almost all the new generation companies including IT and mobile companies are operating their Head Offices in RS Puram. Hence RS Puram has a large group of floating population.
Many rich and posh commercial properties of the City are situated at RS Puram. As of now RS Puram is the third largest commercial hub of the Coimbatore City after Town hall and Gandhipuram, Coimbatore.
RS Puram is a well planned area. DB Road is the nerve centre. All roads running east-west cross DB Road and exit to Mettupalayam Road on the east and Thadagam Road on the west.
Localities of RS Puram include
- Diwan Bahadur Road-Main road
- TV Swamy Road(Tiruvenkata Swamy Road)-Main road
- Cowley Brown Road(Lawlly road)-Main road
- Ponnurangam Road
- Vekatasamy Road [West and East]
- Shanmugam Road
- Periaswamy Road
- Bashyakarlu Road
- Lokamanya Street
- Sambandam Road
- VenkataRamana Road
- Arokiyasamy Road
- Azad Road
- Ramalingam Road
- Arunachalam Street
- Robertson Road
- Father Randy Street
- "Gandhipuram Borders : Map showing surrounding areas of Gandhipuram".
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Temperature and Rainfall chart" (PDF). Coimbatore district collectorate. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Coimbatore Corporation - SHB002". Coimbatore Corporation. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- "Historical Weather for Coimbatore, India". Weatherbase. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- Coimbatore's wealth creators, The Hindu