R1000 is an integrated development environment (IDE) created by Rational Software for the design, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of large software systems written using the Ada programming language. The R1000 features an extensive tool set, including:
- an Ada-compatible program design language
- automatic generation of design documenation
- source-language debugging
- interactive design-rule checking and semantic analysis
- incremental compilation
- configuration management and version control.
Optimizing code generators and cross-debuggers provide support for several popular application architectures.
As a successor to the R1000, Rational produced a new IDE called Rational Apex. Rational Apex took many of the features that the R1000 introduced and extended (ported) them onto commonly available workstations from Sun Microsystems and IBM.
- Evaluation of the Rational Environment report on analysis of the R1000 by Software Engineering Institute
- Press release
|This software engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|