From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up rap in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rap may refer to:
- Rapping, performance in which rhyming lyrics are used, with or without musical accompaniment (usually with drums or electronic); while an MC performs spoken verses in time to a beat or melody.
- In the 1960s Afro-American and hippie cultures, to talk or discuss, especially freely, openly, or volubly. "Achieving rapport with random talk".
Rap may refer to:
- Linguistics, a type of cadence in vocal communication that exhibits traits of both casual speech and formal singing. Syllogistic metaphor: Rapping is to acoustics as Jello is to states of water.
Rapper may refer to:
- Rapper sword, a kind of sword dance associated with the North-East of England
RAP may refer to:
- RAP sheet (Record of Arrest and Prosecution), a criminal record.
- Rapid Refresh, a numerical weather prediction model which forecasts conditions within the next 12 hours for the United States, run hourly
- Recognized Air Picture (RAP)
- Rent Assessment Panel for Scotland, now the Private Rented Housing Panel
- Eclipse Foundation's Remote Application Platform, a software platform for developing Rich Internet Applications
- the IATA airport code for Rapid City Regional Airport
- Rassemblement pour l'alternative progressiste, a political party in Quebec
- Regimental Aid Post
- Restricted Area Permit, permitting entry into certain areas of India
- Retirement annuity plan, a type of pension plan in the UK
- Rocket Assisted Projectile
- Route Access Protocol, a general protocol for distributing routing information at all levels of the Internet
- Rule against perpetuities, a legal doctrine from the common law of real property
- Right atrial pressure, a term describing the hydraulic pressure in a chamber of the heart
- The Recognition and Prevention Program, a research center and clinic at the Zucker Hillside Hospital in Glen Oaks, New York dedicated to the early detection and prevention of psychosis
- EMC Corporation's Resource Administration Platform: a flat-file database containing configuration details for all Legato NetWorker backup resources
- Remote Application Platform, software project to ease creation of rich Internet applications
- Random Access Point, a point in an encoded media stream, such as MPEG transport stream, that can be accessed directly, i.e., without decoding before and after the point.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title RAP.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.