RCMP "E" Division
|RCMP "E" Division|
|Common name||The Mounties|
|Heraldic badge of the RCMP|
|Motto||Maintiens le droit|
|Defending the law |
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||Province of British Columbia, Canada|
|Headquarters||14200 Green Timbers Way Surrey, BC|
|Elected officers responsible|
|Agency executive||Deputy Commissioner Craig Callens, Commanding Officer, "E" Division|
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
"E" Division is the British Columbia division of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. It is the largest police body operating in the province, providing federal, provincial, and municipal policing services. “E” Division has a strength of 5,900 sworn members and employs 1,700 civilian members and public service employees. In addition, approximately 1,200 Auxiliary Constables volunteer with “E” Division. It is the largest RCMP division, operating out of 127 local detachments with its headquarters at 14200 Green Timbers Way in Surrey, BC known as the Green Timbers Site. It polices all but 12 municipalities in the province.
The "E" Division is headed by Deputy Commissioner Craig Callens.
"E" Division has been the centre of attention with the media due to the death of Robert Dziekański. In addition, multiple officers were documented in misconducts in recent years. This has led to the federal government revamping disciplinary laws for RCMP members in 2012.
In BC, the RCMP operates at all three levels: federal, provincial and municipal in all but 11 communities. In this structure, they have the ability to mobilize large numbers of police officers from within the province and across Canada in the case of a crisis, and access a wide range of specialized units to tackle local and cross jurisdictional crimes. Through the integration of a number of specialized police services across BC, they have established an effective means by which to deal with cross-jurisdictional crimes and provide specialized services.
- Border Integrity Program - protect Canada's sovereignty at land and sea borders with CBSA
- Canadian Air Carrier Protection Program is a covert unit that works similar to US Air Marshals. The officers on this unit are known as Aircraft Protective Officers or, internationally, as In-Flight Security Officers.
- Drug Enforcement Branch - investigate and dismantle drug labs and drug trafficking
- Protective Services Section - protects government officials such as the Governor General, Prime Minister, Premiers and VIPs (e.g. foreign heads of state and heads of government)
- Air 1 and Air 2 (Lower Mainland Traffic Safety Helicopter Program) - Provide air support to police and monitor traffic movements
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) - Crisis support for people with mental health or emotionally disturbed crisis.
- Integrated Child Exploitation (ICE) - Responsible for identifying and assisting child victims of sexual abuse, monitoring and prosecuting child pornography distributor and viewers.
- Integrated First Nations Unit (IFNU) - Partnership with West Vancouver Police Department for enhanced policing services to reserves for the Squamish Nation and Tsleil-Waututh First Nation.
- Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) - Responsible for homicide investigations, police involved shootings and in-custody deaths at RCMP Lower Mainland detachment areas and in Abbotsford and New Westminster.
- Integrated Market Enforcement Team (IMET) - targeting commercial and capital market frauds
- Integrated National Security Enforcement Team (E-INSET) - investigate any crimes that threatens national security. Most recently active on the EnCana pipeline bombing cases 
- Integrated Municipal Provincial Auto Crime Team (IMPACT) - Bait car program
- Integrated Proceeds of Crime (IPOC) - targeting and seizing terrorist-related assets
- Integrated Road Safety Unit (IRSU) - Partnering with municipal agencies for strategic traffic enforcement and harm reduction (i.e. impaired/distracted drivers, seatbelt and childseat compliance)
- Integrated Forensic Identification Services (IFIS) - collect, process, analyze and interpret evidence found at the crime scene for RCMP Lower Mainland detachments.
- Vancouver 2010 Integrated Security Unit - special task forcecreated to prevent criminal activities during the 2010 Winter Olympics and 2010 Winter Paralympics held in Vancouver, BC.
- Eurocopter EC120B - C-GMPT
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- New commissioner for RCMP must restore faith in the famed force
- Biography of Deputy Commissioner Craig Callens
- RCMP using 'extraordinary measures' to silence critic
- Mountie involved in Dziekanski’s death quits force
- Brian Hutchinson: Welcome to B.C., dumping ground for bad Mounties
- 81 cases of misconduct by Mounties
- B.C. Mountie alleges years of sexual harassment
- RCMP to discipline 15 Olympic security officers
- Vic Toews pitches B.C. officials on new RCMP law
- Gazette magazine - The Canadian Air Carrier Protective Program
- RCMP in BC - Integrated Units
- More attacks on northern B.C. well sites
- B.C. - Introducing INSET-Vancouver