RCS & RDS
|Products||Telephone, Internet, Wireless, Television|
|Revenue||€476 million (2013)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Servicii complete de comunicatii|
RCS & RDS is one of the biggest telecommunication operators in South-Eastern Europe and the largest cable and satellite television company in Romania. It offers cable television, cable internet, VOIP, 3G services and since 2004 satellite television (Digi TV).
- Zoltán Teszári – 58.92%
- Sfetozar Bugarszki – 7.23%
- Nicusor Dorel Schelean – 6.98%
- Mihai Patap – 5.31%
- Maria Docea – 4.56%
- Ioan Bendei – 4.51%
- Gheorghe Maftei – 4.51%
- Dorina Schelean – 3.02%
- Cable Communications Systems NV – 2.47%
- Traian Aurelian Sirian – 2.18%.
The company, which is based in Bucharest, Romania, was formed in April 2005 by the de jure merger of Romania Cable Systems (RCS) and Romania Data Systems (RDS). The companies were under the same ownership from the very beginning and operating de facto as a single unit long before that.
As of 2007, the company has:
- 2.6 million customers for the satellite television service DigiTV.Satelit.
- 1.6 million customers for the cable TV service DigiTV.Cablu.
- 1.5 million for the landline phone system service Digi.Tel.
- 2.0 million for the mobile phone service Digi.Mobil.
- 1.1 million for its broadband Internet service Digi.Net.
- Digi.Net: Residential or Business broadband connection on cable, FTTB or FTTH infrastructure.
- Digi.Net Mobil: 3G mobile internet service available in Romania.
- Digi.Tel: Residential or business VOIP on cable, FTTB or FTTH infrastructure.
- Digi.Tv: Satellite television and Cable television.
- Digi.Mobil: 3G mobile telephony and mobile internet operating on 2100 MHz and 900 MHz.
- Digi Move: 3G mobile internet service available in Hungary.
RCS&RDS Digital TV Channels
Main article: List of Channels on RCS & RDS
Beside the base package, it offers additional subscriptions.
Radio Frequency Summary
The following is a list of known frequencies which Digi.Mobil employs in Romania:
|226||05||900 MHz||UMTS/HSDPA||3G||RCS&RDS started using this frequency band from 6 April 2014 for better indoor coverage.|
|226||05||2100 MHz||UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+(21.6 Mbit/s/384 kbit/s)||3G||In some areas HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s is also deployed.|
- "RCS & RDS numeşte un vicepreşedinte de la una din companiile pe care le-a preluat" (in Romanian). money.ro. November 19, 2009.
- "ECI Telecom and RCS & RDS Deploy 100G Channels in Romania". Dark Fiber Community. September 26, 2012.
- Adevărata faţă a conducerii RCS-RDS
- Company financial report for 2007