|Traded as||ASX: REA|
|Key people||Tracey Fellows (CEO)
Greg Ellis (Former CEO)
|Revenue||A$300.9 million (2013)|
REA Group Ltd and its subsidiary companies, known as the REA Group, make up a global online real estate advertising company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. The REA Group is public company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: REA), and had A$108 million in FY07 revenue. REA Group is majority owned by News Corp Australia, a subsidiary of News Corp.
The Group grew from realestate.com.au, Australia's largest property website with 4.4 million unique browsers each month. However, the strategy has been to aggressively expand the group internationally through acquisition. The Company now operates property websites in 10 countries that are used by more than 19,000 agents and have approximately 8.8m unique visitors per month.
The Company announced on 11 Sept 2007 that it had made its first acquisition in Asia, with the purchase of Hong Kong's largest English language property magazine, SquareFoot. UK Property Shop Ltd was acquired by REA Group in July 2008; in August 2009, Zoopla acquired the PropertyFinder Group, consisting of the websites Propertyfinder.com, Hotproperty.co.uk and UKpropertyshop.co.uk, with combined annual revenues of £7M, from prior owners the REA Group and News International for an undisclosed sum. REA bought 20% of Move in 2014.
- "Rea Group 2013 Annual Report". Rea Group. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Realestate.com.au owner nearly doubles earnings, The Melbourne Age, February 27, 2007
- January 2008, Nielsen//NetRatings
- "Mr 7000%", BRW Magazine 01 Feb 2007(Subscription)
- January 2008, Nielsen//NetRatings, Omniture, HBX Analytics
- REA Group buys Hong Kong businesses, Sydney Morning Herald, September 11, 2007
- Sweney, Mark (2009-08-07). "News International sells PropertyFinder website to Zoopla.co.uk". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "News Corp. to Buy Move, a Real Estate Listings Site". The New York Times. September 30, 2014. Retrieved September 30, 2014.
- ASX Listing details
- REA-Group website
- Company - by Simon Baker (REA CEO until July 2008)
- Hong Kong Property - by squarefoot.com.hk
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|