Rhode Island Route 146
Map of Rhode Island with Route 146 in red.
|Maintained by RIDOT|
|Length:||16.24 mi (26.14 km)|
|South end:||I-95 in Providence|
| Route 15 in North Providence
Route 116 in Lincoln
I-295 in Lincoln
Route 99 in Lincoln
Route 146A in North Smithfield
|North end:||Route 146 in Millville, MA|
Route 146, also known as the Louisquisset Pike, the Eddie Dowling Highway, and the North Smithfield Expressway, is a 16.24-mile (26.14 km) long numbered state highway located in Providence County, Rhode Island, United States. The route is a major north–south freeway in the northern Providence metropolitan area, directly linking Providence with the cities of Woonsocket, Rhode Island and Worcester, Massachusetts. For most of its length, Route 146 is a limited-access freeway, although there is one traffic signal in the North Smithfield business district. The southern terminus of the freeway is at Interstate 95 in downtown Providence, and the route's northern terminus is at the Rhode Island-Massachusetts state line in Millville, where it continues northward towards the Massachusetts Turnpike and the city of Worcester as Massachusetts Route 146.
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (March 2010)|
Route 146 takes the following route through the State:
- Providence: 2.4 miles (3.9 km); Interstate 95 to North Providence town line.
- Louisquisset Pike
- North Providence: 1.1 miles (1.8 km); Providence city line to Lincoln town line.
- Louisquisset Pike
- Lincoln: 7.5 miles (12.1 km); North Providence town line to North Smithfield town line.
- Eddie Dowling Highway
- North Smithfield: 6.3 miles (10.1 km); Lincoln town line to Massachusetts state line at Route 146.
- North Smithfield Expressway
|This section requires expansion. (June 2012)|
There is a section of original alignment north of Route 116 on the west side of Route 146 running parallel to the freeway.
The entire route is in Providence County. All exits are unnumbered.
|Providence||0.00||0.00||I-95 south to I-195 – Downtown Providence||Southern terminus, exit 23 on I-95|
|0.40||0.64||Route 7 (Douglas Avenue)||Southbound entrance only, all other access via I-95 exit 24|
|0.80||1.29||Route 246 (Charles Street) / Admiral Street – State Offices||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|North Providence||2.70||4.35||Route 15 (Mineral Spring Avenue) – North Providence, Pawtucket||No northbound entrance|
|3.00||4.83||Route 246 (Charles Street)||Entrance ramps only|
|Lincoln||4.20||6.76||Route 246 (Old Louisquisset Pike)||Southbound exit only|
|4.80||7.72||Twin River Road|
|5.20||8.37||Route 123 (Breakneck Hill Road)|
|6.60||10.62||NB: Sherman Avenue
SB: Route 246 (Old Louisquisset Pike)
|6.90||11.10||Wilbur Road||Northbound entrance only|
|7.70||12.39||Route 116 – Lincoln, Smithfield||Split into separate north and south exits southbound|
|8.20||13.20||I-295 – Warwick, Boston, MA||Exit 9 on I-295|
|8.80||14.16||Route 99 north to Route 122 – Woonsocket, Cumberland||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|9.10||14.65||North end of freeway|
|9.30||14.97||NB: Old Great Road
SB: Reservoir Road
|Interchange, no northbound exit|
|10.00||16.09||Sayles Hill Road to Route 99|
|North Smithfield||10.70||17.22||Sayles Hill Road||Interchange, southbound exit and entrance|
|10.80||17.38||Route 146A north – Woonsocket, Park Square||Northbound exit and southbound entrance, southbound access via u-turn|
|11.00||17.70||South end of freeway|
|12.10||19.47||Route 104 – Woonsocket|
|13.40||21.57||Pound Hill Road|
|14.30||23.01||Route 5 / Route 102 – Forestdale, Slatersville||Via Route 146A|
|16.24||26.14||Route 146 north – Worcester||Continuation into Massachusetts|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Google Inc. "Route 146". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m4!1m3!1d160975!2d-71.533509!3d41.9512682!4m35!3m26!1m4!3m2!3d41.8325693!4d-71.4169777!6e2!1m4!3m2!3d42.0137809!4d-71.5869209!6e2!2e0!3m8!1m3!1d1753!2d-71.4169892!3d41.8378466!3m2!1i1810!2i906!4f13.1!9m5!2m2!3d41.8516547!4d-71.4257868!3s0x89e444f713b23dbb%3A0x174b4f390905a826!4f0.1801601!5m2!13m1!1e1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1&fid=0. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- "146, Worcester Providence Turnpike". Boston Roads.com. Retrieved 2008-01-14.