RJ Mitte at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International.
|Born||Roy Frank Mitte III
August 21, 1992
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Roy Frank "RJ" Mitte III (born August 21, 1992) is an American actor, best known for his role as Walter "Flynn" White Jr. on the AMC series Breaking Bad. Like his character on Breaking Bad, Mitte has mild cerebral palsy. After moving to Hollywood in 2006, he began training with personal talent manager Addison Witt. Mitte and Witt sought out acting opportunities where his disability would serve to educate viewers, which led him to audition for the role in Breaking Bad.
Mitte was born in Lafayette, Louisiana, to father Roy Frank Mitte Jr. and mother Dyna Mitte, and moved with his family to Los Angeles in 2006, where his younger sister Lacianne Carriere had received an offer for a role in a film project.
After receiving several roles as extras, including in the Disney series Hannah Montana, Mitte became interested in films and decided to take acting lessons. Shortly after, he was offered the role of Walter White Jr., who also has cerebral palsy, in the AMC series Breaking Bad. The Screen Actors Guild named Mitte as the spokesman for actors with disabilities. He is the representative of "Inclusion in the Arts and Media of Performers with Disabilities", which employs artists with disabilities.
Mitte will star in the film Wildflowers. His sister, 9-year-old Lacianne Carriere, will also be in the film. Mitte is one of the producers on the project. He is also working as a producer on a documentary called The Kids of Widney High. He hopes to branch out into directing. In 2011 he starred in the short horror film Stump. That same year, he worked as executive producer of the documentary Vanished: The Tara Calico Story, that deals with the disappearance of Tara Calico. In 2012 Mitte was cast in the thriller film House of Last Things. In 2013 Mitte played Child in the music video "Dead Bite" from rapcore band Hollywood Undead.
On October 3, 2013, it was announced that Mitte will star as Campbell on the third season of the ABC Family drama Switched at Birth.
|2013||House of Last Things||Tim|
|2007||Hannah Montana||School Jock||Uncredited
Episode: "Schooly Bully"
|2008–2013||Breaking Bad||Walter White, Jr.||53 episodes
Nominated – Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2012, 2013)
|2013||Vegas||Russ Auster||Episode: "Paiutes"|
|2014||Switched at Birth||Campbell|
|2013||Hollywood Undead||"Dead Bite"||Child|
|2013||Steel Panther||"Party Like Tomorrow is the End of the World"|
- Tina Calabro (Wednesday, March 17, 2010). "'Breaking Bad' actor RJ Mitte finds 'perfect role' prepared him to become an activist". The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- Gary Strauss (20 February 2008). "For teen star of 'Breaking Bad,' real-life disability is no obstacle". USA Today. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- RJ Mitte — Breaking Bad Is Good Interview, ABILITY Magazine.
- Martin, Dwayne (March 13, 2011). "Walter White, Jr. (RJ Mitte)". MaxUpdates.
- "RJ Mitte – Biography". IMDb. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "'Breaking Bad's' RJ Mitte says he wants kids with CP to know they can achieve". Media dis&dat. March 18, 2010.
- Calabro, Tina (March 28, 2012). "'Breaking Bad' actor RJ Mitte finds 'perfect role' prepared him to become an activist". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Wolfe, Kathi (April 2012). "For Mitte, 'Bad' Rep is Good". Independence Today.
- "Stump (2011)". IMDb. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Vanished: The Tara Calico Story". Indiegogo. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- RJ Mitte at the Internet Movie Database
- RJ Mitte discusses Breaking Bad at AMCtv.com
- RJ Mitte — Breaking Bad Is Good Interview with ABILITY Magazine