||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Foully written. (May 2013)|
|Industry||Music & entertainment|
|Genre||Pop, Dance, Teen|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Duncan Bannatyne, Ryan Ashmore, Liam Webb|
|Products||Music & entertainment|
|Owner||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Parent||Sony Group (50%)
TESCO Records (30% Joint)
Bannatyne Music is a record label that was originally known as RKA Records. It was first established in October 2010 by Ryan Ashmore and Liam Webb. The label is best known for Ashmore and Webb's appearance on the well known BBC TV Show Dragons Den.
RKA Records was set up in October 2010 by Ryan Ashmore and Liam Webb in Ryan's bedroom. The label began when Ashmore was on holiday in Spain. There he met current artist MarQ Figuli for the first time. When Ashmore returned, he consulted Webb and told him about the idea for the label. A couple of weeks later, they went to Germany to meet with Figuli to discuss a possible recording contract. Recording artist Chris Parham was visiting Fuguli for some songs in the home studio; Ashmore and Webb signed Figuli and Parham both to the label. The contracts were drawn up, and two weeks later, the pair flew back out to Germany again to close the deal with the two singers.
The company was formed on 5 November 2010 through Companies House. Ashmore held an 80% share in the company, and Webb held a 20% share. Throughout the year[when?], Ashmore and Webb worked with Figuli and Parham on their debut albums and were slowly getting them ready to start the promotion stage.
Investment via the Dragons Den
Renamed to Bannatyne Music
Deal with Sony Music Entertainment and Gut Records
- "Telegraph News Paper – Teenagers Sell 79% Stake"."Real Business – Bannatyne Secures Record Stake In RKA Records".
- "X Factor Reviewer".
- "Bannatynes New Deal".
- "Teens Strike Deal With Dragon".
- "Dragon Invests In RKA".
- "Teens Secure Deal".
- "'Dragons' Dens Duncan Bannatyne launches label with new boy band". Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- Simon Harding (19 September 2011). "West music promoter back to boost chart hopefuls". Blottr. Blottr Digital Limited. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "ReConnected Signed to RKA Records".
- "T Boy Band Signed to RKA Records".
- "Artistes". Bannatyne Music. Retrieved 4 December 2014.