|LOA||14 ft 3 in (4.34 m)|
|Beam||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
|Hull weight||169 lb (77 kg)|
|Mainsail area||S rig - 80 sq ft (7.4 m2)
XL rig - 100 sq ft (9.3 m2)
|Jib / Genoa area||S rig - 31 sq ft (2.9 m2)
XL rig - 37 sq ft (3.4 m2)
|Spinnaker area||S rig - 145 sq ft (13.5 m2)
XL rig - 145 sq ft (13.5 m2)
The RS500 is a double handed trapeze dinghy designed by Phil Morrison, manufactured and designed by RS Sailing. The class has a PY number of 972. There are two sail size options (the S and XL rig) and makes the RS500 suitable for youngsters and adults. With ISAF Recognised Status, the RS500 has a racing circuit with events in UK, Europe and World Championships.
Performance and design
The cockpit is uncluttered and the low transom design makes climbing aboard after capsize easy and a pivoting centreboard and rudder make launch and recovery safe.
International Success & Awards
- The RS500 is a Recognised ISAF class 
- The RS500 has won the 'Sailboat of the Year' Award twice 
- 2010 - Bruinisse, Netherlands. Won by Tim Wilkins and Heather Martin (GBR). 22 boats entered.
- 2011 - [Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy, UK]],Won by Alex Taylor and Bryan Mobbs(GBR)
- 2012 - [Riva del Garda, Italy]], won by Won by Tim Wilkins and Heather Martin (GBR)
- 2013 - [Gottskar, Sweden]], won by Karin Soderstrom and Ingrid Soderstrom (Sweden)
- RS Sailing (Global HQ
- International RS Classes Association
- UK RS Association
- German RS Class Association
- ISAF Connect to Sailing