|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|Headquarters||Charlotte, NC, U.S.|
|Area served||North America|
|Key people||John Huber
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 98.4 million|
|Operating income||US$ 56.457 million|
|Net income||US$ 43.834 million|
|Total assets||US$ 178.998 million|
|Total equity||US$ 56.575 million|
Radiator Specialty Company is a privately held automotive products company based in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing headquarters in Indian Trail, NC. It is one of the nation's top automotive products producers and the second-largest producer of ancillary radiator products in the United States and Canada.
The company was founded as Radiator Specialty Company in 1924 by I.D. Blumenthal, who began marketing a product called Solder Seal to fix leaky car radiators. He was joined by his younger brother Herman Blumenthal in 1933. RSC's products also include Gunk, a line of degreasers, and Liquid Wrench, a line of lubricants marketed as "application-specific" competitors to WD-40. The company adopted the name RSC Chemical Solutions in 2010.
The Blumenthal family have been responsible for significant philanthropic efforts in North Carolina, including substantial funding for the North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Charlotte.
- "Top-Ranked Medium Businesses". Charlotte Business Journal. 1 April 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- Susan Stabley, "Radiator Specialty's greener shade of Gunk", Charlotte Business Journal, June 17, 2011.
- Laureate: Herman Blumenthal (1915 - October 28, 2001)" at North Carolina Business Hall of Fame (accessed November 12, 2011).
- Philip H. Dougherty, "Advertising: Aiming Gunk at the Consumer", The New York Times, December 22, 1966.
- Andrew Adam Newman, "Which Grease for a Squeaky Wheel?", The New York Times, April 20, 2010.
- "Blumenthal Touched Charlotte With Charity. Longtime Queen City Philanthropist Died Sunday. He Was 86." Charlotte Observer, October 29, 2001.
- "Friday Lends Name To Program", The Robesonian, February 9, 1995.
- RSC Chemical Solutions company website