|Headquarters||Costa Mesa, California, United States|
|Parent||Billabong International Limited|
RVCA (pronounced: rue-cah) is a clothing company based in Costa Mesa, California. The logotype for RVCA portrays the letter A upside down without a crossbar. This leaves it looking like a lambda.The 'V' looking character in RVCA name is a 'U'. The 'U' is written in traditional Roman script, and thus appears as a 'V'. Occasionally, RVCA is written in a different script or appears in art where it is clear that the true name is 'Ruca'. 'Ruca' can be translated as "clothes" in Greek, and it is believed the 'V' as 'U' convention arises from this Greco-Roman connection. However, the closest anglicization of the Greek word for "clothes" (ρούχα) would be roúcha. Ruca is also slang for "old lady" when referring to one's older lady friend in Spanish. RVCA is owned by the Australian company Billabong.
RVCA is closely associated with skateboard and surf culture; the company sponsors a skateboard and surf team. RVCA clothing is found in skateboard/surf shops and numerous other shops.
Because of its art focus, RVCA is also associated with the street graffiti subculture. RVCA is involved with various contemporary art galleries such as KNOWN Gallery. This Los Angeles Gallery, New Image Art Gallery in Los Angeles and the Luggage Store Gallery in San Francisco Established to promote the genuine integrity of RVCA's subcultures while simultaneously giving back to the community.
- Matt Archbold
- Makua Rothman
- Daniel Jones
- Dino Adrian
- Ford Archbold
- Kalani David
- Alex Knost
- Danny Fuller
- Ellis Ericson
- Kala Alexander
- Betet Mertha
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighters
- Gomez, Alisha (July 19, 2010). "Billabong Strikes Deal for Rvca, Avoids Bidding War for Retailer". Orange County Business Journal 33 (29): 1.
- "Conan Hayes Launches Ruca". Transworld SURF. June 4, 2001. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- "Keeping Up with the Hayeses, and the Joneses". Surfer. July 22, 2010. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- Yen, Yii-Wyn (December 6, 2004). "Carving Out A New Market Space". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- "Company History". Billabong. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "ANP Artists". RVCA. Retrieved September 10, 2012.