|Michael Soligo, President|
Number of employees
Established in 1972, Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin Inc. (RWDI) is a specialty consulting engineering firm. The RWDI group of companies has offices in Canada, USA, United Kingdom, India, China, Singapore and Hong Kong.
RWDI is a wind engineering and environmental engineering consulting firm and has featured on numerous television documentaries involving wind engineering and related services for the worlds tallest skyscrapers and landmark structures. The firm's facilities include four boundary layer wind tunnels, an open channel water flume, MM5 computer models for simulationing atmospheric weather conditions and advanced computer modeling capabilities including computational fluid dynamics (CFD). RWDI also has in-house model shops at each of its wind tunnel facilities that use stereolithography technology, integrated data acquisition, storage and processing systems, computer-aided drafting, and a broad base of specialized instrumentation. The firm has conducted wind engineering on projects including the London Millennium Bridge, International Commerce Centre (Mega) Tower in Hong Kong, Petronas Towers in Malaysia, Freedom Tower on the WTC Site, the second span of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, Taipei 101 Tower, and the mega-skyscraper Burj Khalifa, currently the world's tallest building.
- RWDI's official website
- RWDI new wind tunnel test facility in Florida, USA
- Discovery Channel Documentary
- ASCE Paper about RWDI and Motioneering's role in the design of Taipei 101 and other projects
- Engineering Taipei 101
- Giant Damper Doubles as Building’s Interior Adornment
- The Burj Dubai Tower - Wind Engineering
- Canadian wind engineering specialists contribute to winning design for new Singapore casino
- Wind Engineering for Milwaukee Art Museum
- USAToday Article "All the comforts of home — or not"
- Reference to RWDI's contribution to the design of the Reliant Stadium
- Reference to RWDI's contribution to the design of the Citizens Bank Park Stadium, home of the Philadelphia Phillies
- NIST Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster - RWDI's contribution
- RWDI tests Tacoma Narrows Bridge models in NRC wind tunnel
- RWDI open's its Asia Pacific research and development centre
- Chicago's Windiest Corner
- CBS TV News interview with RWDI's Florida facility
- World's Largest TLCD in Philadelphia
- Guelph HQ Moving