R. Gopalakrishnan is currently the Director of TATA Sons Ltd, Chairman of TATA Autocomp system, Honeywell and Rallis India, Vice Chairman of TATA Chemicals. He also serves as a Director on the Board of Tata Power, Tata Technologies, AkzoNobel India, Castrol India and ABP Pvt. Ltd. 
R. Gopalakrishnan obtained his B.Sc(Hons) degree in Physics from St Xavier’s College Calcutta University, B.Tech(Hons) in Electronics from IIT Kharagpur in 1967 and Advanced Management Programme from Harvard Business School, USA. 
He has lived and worked in India, the UK and Saudi Arabia. He began his career in 1967 as a computer analyst with Hindustan Lever. He worked in the marketing function before moving to general management. During his years with Unilever, he was based in Jeddah as CEO of the Arabia unit; later, he was managing director of Brooke Bond Lipton India and then vice-chairman with Hindustan Lever. He has been president of the All India Management Association. He is married with three children. 
Gopal - as he is known as - has written following books:
- ‘'The Case of the Bonsai Manager
- When the Penny Drops: Learning What's Not Taught’’
- “What the CEO really wants from you: The 4 As for managerial success, Harper Collins India (2012)"
- ” A comma in a sentence: The extra-ordinary story of an ordinary family over six generations, Rupa Rainlight Publications (2014)"
- "R Gopalakrishnan". http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/top-awardees/daa1.php?Sl=6.
- "R Gopalakrishnan". Forbes. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "R Gopalakrishnan". Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "R Goapalakrishnan". Retrieved 6 October 2014.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|