Giménez was born in the small town of Carlos Pellegrini, Argentina. He studied at the Music Conservatory of Buenos Aires and made his operatic debut at the Teatro Colón as Ernesto in Don Pasquale, in 1980. After appearing in concert and opera throughout South America, he came to Europe in 1984, where he made his debut at the Wexford Festival in Ireland, in Cimarosa's Le astuzie femminili.
He quickly established himself in Mozart and Rossini operas, appearing at all the great opera houses and festivals of Europe (Paris, Aix-en-Provence, London, Glyndebourne, Vienna, Salzburg, Milan, Venice, Pesaro, Martina Franca, Rome, Barcelona, Brussels, Munich, Lausanne, Geneva etc.).
- Rossini - L'italiana in Algeri, Teldec
- Rossini - Il barbiere di Siviglia, Teldec
- Rossini - La cenerentola, Teldec
- Rossini- L`inganno felice, Erato
- Mayr - Medea in Corinto, Opera Rara
- Bellini - La sonnambula, Naxos