|Founded||February 20, 2003|
Focus Infocom Private Limited is the first 100% private Internet service provider in the Maldives and was incorporated in February 2003. The company was issued a license for the provision and operation of commercial internet services on May 2003. Focus Infocom commenced its internet services, under the brand name Raajje Online, on December 2003.
ROL internet services was initially delivered using fixed and wireless (nomadic/mobile) radio technology.
- WARF Telecom International - a joint venture company formed between Wataniya Telecom Maldives, Reliance Infocomm of India and Focus Infocom to install a Submarine fibre cable system between Maldives and India linking Maldives to the global submarine fibre cable system.
- SingTel - Providing international Internet backbone connectivity, V-SAT and other IP services
- Wataniya Telecom (Maldives) - Partner in Submarine optic Fibre Cable system and provision of microwave backhaul connectivity to islands.
- Reliance Infocom (India) - Partner in the implementation of submarine optic fibre cable system
- Smart Bridges Singapore -Provision of Wireless Radio Systems
- Local cable operators - Provision of HFC network Capacity for Distribution of Internet
- Sky Pilot Networks (USA)
- Corporate Info
- Haveeru Daily (January 18, 2004). "Focus Infocom starts service as second ISP in Maldives"
- Haveeru Daily (May 24, 2003). "Second ISP license given to Focus Infocom"
- Raajjé(Dhivehi:ރާއްޖެ) means Maldives or Nation in Dhivehi language
- Haveeru. "Gayoom inaugurates WARF Submarine Cable link between Maldives, India", Haveeru Daily, 2007-03-17. Retrieved on 2008-05-24.
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Maldives-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|