|Developed by||Ubisoft Motion Pictures|
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (78 segments) (List of episodes)|
|Running time||approx. 24 minutes (3 7-minute segments)|
|Production company(s)||Ubisoft Motion Pictures
Nickelodeon Animation Studios
|Original channel||Nickelodeon (U.S.)
France 3 (France)
|Original run||August 3, 2013– present|
Rabbids Invasion is a French/American animated television series which premiered on August 3, 2013 on Nickelodeon. It was produced by Ubisoft Motion Pictures and Nickelodeon Animation Studios. The show is based on the Raving Rabbids video game series produced by Ubisoft.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||August 3, 2013||2014|
In October 2010, Ubisoft and Aardman announced a partnership to produce a TV series pilot and several shorts based on the franchise. One year later, it was announced that 78 7-minute CG animated episodes would be made solely by Ubisoft Motion Pictures, and broadcast as 26 half-hour episodes by Nickelodeon on August 17, 2013. On July 12, 2013, it was announced the series would premiere on Nickelodeon on August 3, 2013. On December 17, 2013, Nickelodeon renewed the show for a second season of 26 half-hour blocks, with three episodes per block. It will premiere in mid-2014.
Emily Ashby of Common Sense Media gave the show two out of five stars, stating:
Rabbids Invasion tones down the violence for the characters' jump from gaming to the TV, but they still have a lot of fun at the expense of each other and of unsuspecting bystanders, and a lot of their antics would be frowned upon in the real world (using chickens' butts as egg shooters in a mock battle, for instance). Ultimately, though, it's rude, crude, and minimally taxing on viewers' sense of comprehension, so for better or worse, it's bound to appeal to the grade-school set.
The series airs on France 3 in France and on Nickelodeon in the United States and the rest of the world. It premiered in the United Kingdom and Ireland on February 3, 2014. In Australia and New Zealand it premiered on January 28, 2014.
On E3 2013, it was announced that Rabbids Invasion would be adapted into an interactive TV series, titled Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show. The game, which would combine existing television episodes with a series of mini challenges, will be released to Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 4 on November 4, 2014.
- "Rabbids Invasion: Debut Date Announced and Trailer Revealed". IGN. July 12, 2013. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- Ubisoft & Aardman to Create Pilot for Animated Television Show Based on Raving Rabbids, IGN
- Keslassy, Elsa (October 6, 2011). "Nick licenses 'Raving Rabbids'". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2011.
- Lewis, Anne (December 17, 2013). "Rabbids Invasion Renewed for Second Season". Ubisoft. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Emily Ashby. "Rabbids Invasion – Television Review". Commonsensemedia.org. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Martin, Liam (January 14, 2014). "Rabbids Invasion coming to UK in February". digitalspy.com. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Knox, David (December 4, 2013). "Foxtel: Summer highlights for kids". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "Ubisoft® Makes Interactive TV A Reality With Creation Of Rabbids® Invasion The Interactive TV Show" (Press release). Ubisoft. June 10, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2014.
- Official website at Ubisoft
- Official website at Nickelodeon
- Rabbids Invasion at the Internet Movie Database
- Rabbids Invasion at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Rabbids Invasion at TV.com