Rabbinical College of Pretoria
The Rabbinical College of Pretoria (Hebrew Machon L'Hora'a) is a Chabad Yeshiva in Pretoria, South Africa. It was established in 2001 under the inspiration of late Chief Rabbi Cyril Harris. The Yeshiva is headed by Rabbi Levi Wineberg, also joint Rosh Kollel of Kollel Bet Mordechai in Johannesburg, and internationally known for his annotated translation of the Tanya.
Since the Yeshiva focuses on semicha (ordination), all students have studied at other institutions for several years. After successfully completing the one year programme, students receive semicha from both Rabbi Wineberg and Rabbi Yaacov Warhaftig of Machon Ariel in Jerusalem . To date 98 Rabbis have been ordained at the Yeshiva .
The Yeshiva is an important component of the Pretoria Jewish community - there is daily interaction between students and congregants, and one-on-one torah study with members of the community every evening.
See also 
- Orthodox yeshivas in South Africa
- Jewish education in South Africa under History of the Jews in South Africa
- Lubavitch Yeshiva Gedolah of Johannesburg
- Tomchei Temimim
- Yeshiva Gedolah (Chabad-Lubavitch)
- Machon L'Hora'ah, The Pretoria Yeshiva
- shmais.com article: "A Miracle Takes Place in Pretoria, South Africa"
- SA Jewish Report: "Pretoria Yeshiva ordains another batch of bochrim"
- List of Approved Yeshivot, rabbis.org (listed as Ariel Institute, Pretoria, South Africa)
|This yeshiva or kollel article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about Chabad Hasidism is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|