Aristides Pereira International Airport
|Aristides Pereira International Airport
Aeroporto Internacional Aristides Pereira
Airport terminal from parking lot
|IATA: BVC – ICAO: GVBA|
|Operator||Empresa nacional de Aeroportos e Segurança Aérea (ASA)|
|Location||Boa Vista, Cape Verde|
|Elevation AMSL||69 ft / 21 m|
Aristides Pereira International Airport (Portuguese Aeroporto Internacional Aristides Pereira) (IATA: BVC, ICAO: GVBA) is an airport in Cape Verde located on the island of Boa Vista, about 5 km southeast of the island capital Sal Rei.
The airport initially started operating in the late-20th century and was paved only in 2007. Aristides Pereira Airport has started international operations in July 2007, with a new runway (2,100m), making it the newest international airport on the Cape Verde Islands.
On 13 October 2007, TACV made a test flight from Amílcar Cabral International Airport to Rabil Airport to conclude the operational certification of the new airport. On 31 October 2007, TACV officially became the first airline to operate a jet aircraft (Boeing 757-200 [D4-CBG]) to Rabil Airport, an inaugural flight from Praia Airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Méditerranée||Seasonal charter: Dijon|
|Cabo Verde Express||Sal|
|Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium||Brussels|
|Thomson Airways||London-Gatwick, Manchester
Seasonal: Birmingham, East Midlands
|Travel Service Airlines||Prague|
|Transavia.com France||Seasonal: Paris-Orly|
|TUIfly||Basel/Mulhouse, Cologne/Bonn, Düsseldorf, Hannover, Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Stuttgart|
|TUIfly Nordic||Copenhagen, Gothenburg-Landvetter, Gran Canaria, Helsinki, Stockholm-Arlanda, Oslo-Gardermoen|
|XL Airways France||Seasonal: Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
- "Cape Verde: New Boavista international airport receives first flights". Macauhub English. 7 November 2007.
- "Cape Verde: Third international airport opens and fourth due in 2008". Macauhub English. 1 November 2007.
- "Boa Vista Aristides Pereira Airport Guide (BVC)". Worldtravelguide.net. 20 March 2014.
- Duclos, François (17 June 2013). "TAP Portugal : Tanger et Boa Vista en octobre" [TAP Portugal : Tanger and Boa Vista in October] (in French). Air Journal. Archived from the original on 17 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Rabil Airport.|
- Airport information for GVBA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.