|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2009)|
|Former names||Bakersfield Centennial Garden (1999-2005)|
|Location||1001 Truxtun Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93301
|Broke ground||June 9, 1997|
|Opened||October 1, 1998|
|Owner||City of Bakersfield|
|Construction cost||$38 million
($55.8 million in 2014 dollars)
|Project manager||National Sports Services|
|Structural engineer||Culp & Tanner|
|Services engineer||ACCO Engineered Systems|
|General contractor||PCL Construction|
|CSUB Roadrunners (NCAA)
Bakersfield Condors (ECHL)
Bakersfield Blitz (af2) (2004-07)
Bakersfield Jam (D-League) (2006-09)
The Rabobank Arena is a multi-purpose arena in Bakersfield, California, USA. Located downtown at the corner of Truxtun Avenue and N Street, it was built in 1998, and was originally known as Centennial Garden. The city-owned arena sold naming rights to Dutch cooperative bank Rabobank to be effective February 14, 2005, lasting through 2015.
The arena is home to the Bakersfield Condors, a AA ice hockey team in the ECHL and occasional California State University, Bakersfield Roadrunners Men's NCAA Division I basketball games. Rabobank Arena is also the current home to the California Interscholastic Federation High School State Wrestling Championship Tournament held the first weekend in March. As a concert venue, the arena seats 6,400 for half-house shows and up to 10,225 for center stage and end-stage shows. The arena floor measures 17,000 square feet (1,600 m2) of total space.
The southern concourse of Rabobank Arena serves as the exhibit home of the Bob Elias Kern County Hall of Fame. The Bob Elias Hall of Fame honors athletes and people involved with athletics from Bakersfield and Kern County. They include nationally prominent athletes, local coaches, and others who have made a significant contribution to athletics. A separate display on the western concourse honors the founders of Bakersfield and Kern County, as well as country music legend Buck Owens and current athletes and dignitaries from Bakersfield and Kern County.
Attached to Rabobank Arena is the Rabobank Theater and Convention Center, a 17,840-square-foot (1,657 m2) exhibit hall and 3,000-seat theater. The complex was originally known as the Bakersfield Civic Auditorium (opened in 1962) and was later renamed the Bakersfield Convention Center in the 1980s.
In front of Rabobank Arena is a city parkspace, Centennial Plaza. The Plaza has a large fountain that drains into the concrete of the plaza, a stage, a sculpture fountain, art work, and bricks commemorating the City of Bakersfield's Centennial as an incorporated city in 1998.
Parking for the Rabobank Arena, Theater, and Convention Center is in a lot on the southern side of the arena between N Street on the west, Q Street on the east, and 13th Street on the south. The lot is adjacent to the Bakersfield Ice Sports Center and the McMurtrey Aquatic Center.
Since joining the Western Athletic Conference, the Roadrunners have moved into Rabobank Arena full-time. Also in recent years, AEG Facilities have taken over management of the Arena.
The arena was originally named Centennial Garden in 1998 by local resident Brian Landis.
- Stocksbury-Guier, Cindy (December 28, 1998). "Bakersfield Centennial Garden & Convention Center". Amusement Business. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Centennial Garden Bakersfield Arena". ACCO Engineered Systems. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- "Facilities". National Sports Services. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- "CT, Chino - Design-Build". Culp & Tanner, Inc. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- "History of Bakersfield". City of Bakersfield.
- "Centennial Garden & Convention Center to Be Renamed ‘Rabobank Arena, Theater, And Convention Center’". City of Bakersfield. 2005. Retrieved 2005-05-01.
- "Rabobank Arena". Bakersfield Condors.
- "CSUB Facilities". CSUB Athletics.
- "CIF Press Release". CIF.
- "Rabobank Arena Technical Information". Rabobank Arena.
- "Kern County Sports Hall of Fame".
- "Rabobank Arena". StadiumJourney.com.
- "Centennial Plaza". Bakersfield Parks and Recreation.
- "Directions". Rabobank Arena.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rabobank Arena.|
- Rabobank Arena
- Condors Hockey
- City of Bakersfield
- CSUB Athletics
- CIF High School Sports
- Ice Sports Center
- McMurtrey Aquatic Center