|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||Rachel Janice Kum
April 8, 1985
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||49 kg (108 lb)|
|Title(s)||Miss Singapore Universe 2009 (Winner)|
Rachel Kum is an entrepreneur who co-founded Rachel K Cosmetics, a Singapore-based cosmetics company. She is also a beauty pageant titleholder who won the Miss Singapore Universe 2009 title. At the Miss Singapore Universe 2009 pageant, Rachel won Miss Body Beautiful and Miss Personality as well. She represented Singapore as one of the 84 competing contestants in the Miss Universe 2009 pageant, which was held at the Atlantis Paradise Island, in Nassau, Bahamas on August 23, 2009.
Born and bred in Singapore, Rachel graduated in Finance at the University of Western Australia and worked in a hedge fund company trading commodities first and then as a Brand Manager. After the title, Rachel decided to create her own cosmetic brand, Rachel K Cosmetics. In late 2010, Rachel K was the first to launch a Mineral Color Control (CC) cream, offering all the benefits of its predecessor - the famed BB cream - in an improved formula, this innovative product provides 10 benefits in a single application. The multi award-winning CC cream has gone on to become the world's Number 1 bestselling CC cream which has earned a cult following with endorsements from leading make-up artists, most notably Zing, make-up extraordinaire to Hong Kong celebrities including Hollywood star Zhang Ziyi. It is a favorite with beauty bloggers the world over and has been cited as the preferred CC cream by beauty queens from around the globe including the Miss Universe 2011, Miss Ireland, Miss Japan and Miss China, to name a few. The popular CC cream was featured in multiple international magazines and news articles such as Cosmopolitan UK, Vogue Brazil, S. Moda, Glamour, Allure, and BeautyStat. Ever since the launch of Rachel K CC cream, Chanel is the first international brand to sign on and have it retailing exclusively in China in 2012.
Rachel was featured in multiple articles such as Power Women in Urban Straits Times for her entrepreneurship, her Rachel K brand success story in Lianhe Wanbao, cover model for international lifestyle magazine, Adoh, for her charity work in Sri Lanka in November 2009, advertised for Windows commercial in AXN Asia television, featured as a cover story model for Club Med in Maldives throughout South East Asia, made multiple appearances in RazorTV lifestyle, featured in Hong Kong Channel V with Lisa S. and a guest in a local entertainment talk show program, Entertainment on 5. Rachel K Cosmetics launch was filmed by Channel News Asia which featured her special guest and friend, Eduardo Saverin (Co-founder of Facebook).
- Miss Universe 2009 Contestant
- Winner of Miss Body Beautiful and Miss Personality
- Modern Celeb Walks The Runway
- Rachel Featured in the Bahamas Weekly
- Revitalize Your Skin Naturally with CC cream
- Makeup Tips - The New Color Control CC Cream!
- New Color Control Cream from Rachel K
- Power Woman Entrepreneur
- Famous Hong Kong Faces Done by Zing
- Miss Universe 2011 likes Rachel K CC Cream as featured in Asia Tatler
- Rachel K CC cream in Cosmopolitan UK
- Rachel K CC cream featured in Vogue
- Rachel K CC cream featured in S. Moda
- CC cream featured in Glamour
- CC cream featured in Allure
- Rachel K CC cream featured in BeautyStat
- Chanel CC cream
- Adoh Magazine Charity Work in Sri Lanka for Thalassemia
- Windows Live on AXN Asia
- Makeup Tutorials on RazorTV!
- Celebrity Interview in Entertainment on 5
- Millennials, Channel News Asia with Rachel Kum featuring Eduardo Saverin (Co-Founder of Facebook)