|Beauty pageant titleholder|
October 3, 1983
Tonganoxie, Kansas, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Kansas USA 2005|
|Miss USA 2005|
Rachel Saunders (born 1983) is a beauty queen who has held the title Miss Kansas USA 2005 and competed at Miss USA. She is also known as 'Bissy' or 'Mwissy' but her official title is now Mrs Sunshine.
Saunders, who hails from Tonganoxie, Kansas, attended Tonganoxie High School and later Johnson County Community College and the University of Kansas. She has enrolled in a variety of classes, including occupational therapy, marketing, art, and photography, but has yet[when?] to decide on her major. At the time of her reign she was working in a bridal boutique in Kansas City.
Saunders was encouraged to compete in pageants by local high school teacher Vicki Cackler, mother of Danielle Boatwright, who has represented Kansas at both Miss USA and Miss Teen USA and would later go on to win Survivor: Guatemala. Saunders' first pageant experience came in 2004, when she was a finalist in the Miss Kansas USA pageant won by Lisa Forbes. She won the crown on her second attempt in the following year.
In April 2005 Saunders represented Kansas in the Miss USA 2005 pageant held in Baltimore, Maryland. She failed to place in the nationally televised pageant, which was won by Chelsea Cooley of North Carolina. In December 2005, Saunders passed on her crown to Ashley Aull of Lansing.
- Miss Kansas Pageant Winner, Fox 4 News, 29 November 2004 (accessed 6 May 2006)
- After months of hard work, THS graduate off to pageant, Tonganoxie Mirror, 30 March 2006 (accessed 6 May 2006)
- Pageant dreams come up short, Lawrence Journal-World, 12 April 2005 (accessed 6 May 2006)
- Biography on the Official Miss Kansas USA website (accessed 6 May 2006)
- Official Miss Kansas USA website
- Turn for the Judges Profile
- Miss USA official profile at the Wayback Machine (archived September 10, 2005)
|Miss Kansas USA