Rachel Zoe, September 2010
|Born||Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig
September 1, 1971
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||George Washington University|
|Occupation||Fashion stylist, designer|
|Spouse(s)||Rodger Berman (m. 1996)|
Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig (born September 1, 1971), better known as Rachel Zoe, is an American fashion stylist best known for working with celebrities, fashion houses, beauty firms, advertising agencies, and magazine editors. Zoe has been involved in the fashion industry for nearly two decades and has since become a renowned stylist and designer. She is known for her extensive influence in the fashion world and for her A-list clients. In 2008, the first season of her Bravo reality television series The Rachel Zoe Project debuted. She is married to Rodger Berman, President of Rachel Zoe, Inc. The couple have two sons.
Zoe was born Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig in New York City, New York, the daughter of Leslie and Ron Rosenzweig. Zoe dropped her last name in favor of her middle when she began her career as a fashion stylist, as Rosenzweig sounded "too Jewish". Zoe grew up in Millburn, New Jersey and graduated from Millburn High School. She has a sister, Pamela Rosenzweig. She studied psychology and sociology at George Washington University where she met future husband Rodger Berman. After graduating, she moved to New York City to pursue a career in fashion.
Stylist Rachel Zoe began her career as an editor and has swiftly become one of the most influential people in the fashion industry. Although Zoe works with high-profile clients and has developed her own recognizable style, she does not have any formal fashion training. Zoe went freelance, giving her the opportunity to meet and work with some high-profile clients. As a stylist, she has worked with Brenda Song, Backstreet Boys, Lindsay Lohan, Mischa Barton, Mario Orejel, Nicole Richie, and Keira Knightley. Zoe's current client list includes Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner, Kate Hudson, Kate Beckinsale, Debra Messing, Demi Moore, Liv Tyler, Joy Bryant, Molly Sims, Beau Garett, Eva Mendes, Paula Patton, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, Miley Cyrus, and Pauly Shore.
Zoe, with the help of reality TV star Nicole Richie, became the pioneer of the 'boho-chic' look. This look consists of oversized jewelry, loose-fitting dresses and shirts, paired with a slim frame.
Other notable collaborations:
- Collaborated with accessories maker Judith Leiber on a line of luxury bags.
- Served as the face of Samsung's BlackJack cell phone national ad campaign.
- Consultant for Piperlime.com, Gap, Inc's shoe and handbag website.
- Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty and Everything Glamour is the book that was co-written by Rose Apodaca in 2007, which made it to the New York Times Bestseller List. The book talks about styling tips and observations from a celebrity stylist's point of view. Also giving advice about everything style when it comes to your home décor, dressing stylishly, travel, and entertaining.
- Launched "Luxe Rachel Zoe collection as an ode to her personal style. The collection was exclusive to QVC and consisted of handbags, jewelry, scarves, sunglasses, and outerwear.
- Launched DreamDry, a premier blowout salon in New York City with locations soon to open across the country, alongside co-founder Robin Moraetes.
With the expansion of her clientele and numerous deals coming in, Zoe switched from her former agency, Magnet, and signed with the Todd Shemarya Agency.
In February, Swedish fashion retailer Lindex announced a collaboration with Rachel Zoe this spring. Zoe will be choosing her favorites from the Lindex spring collection. This will be Zoe’s first bigger collaboration with a European brand.
As of April 2013, Zoe's rapidly growing audience includes 1.5MM+ Twitter followers and 435,000+ Instagram followers.
The series' second season premiered on August 24, 2009. Bravo announced they would be picking up a third season of the show which premiered August 3, 2010 and covered the departure of Zoe's longtime assistant, Taylor Jacobson, while introducing her new assistant, Ashley.
The fourth season premiered on September 6, 2011 and involved Rachel dealing with Brad's departure as well as her pregnancy with her first child.
The fifth season aired during Spring of 2013, focusing on the development of her collection and other special projects like blowout salon DreamDry and the preparation for the release of her second book entitled "Living in Style: Inspiration and Advice for Everyday Glamour" 
The Zoe Report
Zoe founded a free daily newspaper called "The Zoe Report" in August 2009. The newsletter featured items that she was coveting in the worlds of fashion, beauty and lifestyle. The newsletter garnered popularity quickly, surpassing over 350,000 subscribers. In 2011, she launched Zoe Beautiful focused on all things beauty. The Zoe Report currently had 68,000+ Facebook fans as of January 2014.
In 2011, Zoe released her first contemporary collection of separates, footwear, and handbags influenced by her vintage-inspired, 60s and 70s style. The collection is available in over 275 department stores including Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus. In 2012 Rachel announced that her line will expand to include jewelry and cold weather accessories. However, it is a premium collection, with clothes starting around one hundred dollars. The Facebook page had 33,000+ Facebook fans as of April 2013. Zoe's brand is not participating in the 2014 New York Fashion Week.
Living in Style
On March 25, 2014, Zoe will publish her second book, "Living in Style: Inspiration and Advice for Everyday Glamour." 
Zoe met investment banker Rodger Berman in 1991, when both were attending college in Washington, D.C. They married in 1996, and have two sons, Skyler Morrison Berman (born March 2011) and a second son Kaius "Kai" Jagger Berman (born December 2013).
- "Happy Birthday Rachel Zoe". nymag.com. September 1, 2010.
- "Rachel Zoe Confirms: I’m Pregnant". people.com. November 17, 2010.
- "Rachel Zoe". Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Aleksander, Irina. "To Rachel Zoe, Style is Not in the Eye of the Beholder". Observer. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
- Staff. "What Happened, Rachel Zoe?", Star (magazine), December 17, 2008. Accessed February 27, 2011. "'Rachel always seemed to have a normal body weight; I'd estimate that she weighed around 115 lbs. back then,' says an ex-classmate at Millburn High School near her hometown of Short Hills, N.J. 'But from what I've seen of her now, she looks like she's 25 or 30 lbs. thinner than she used to be. White girl, y'all'"
- [dead link]
- "Rachel Zoe's A-list style stars". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "Rachel Zoe's A-list style stars". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- Prabhakar, Hitha (2006-11-14). "In The 'It' Bag". forbes.com. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- Barshad, Amos (2007-01-01). "Skinny Starlet Stylist’s ‘Slim’ Cell Sell". nymag.com. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- "Rachel Zoe for Piperlime". Who What Wear. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- Press release Lindex, 2011-02-09
- Bellafante, Ginia (2008-09-15). "A Stylist Devoted to Making Idleness Look Chic". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- Martin, Denise (2009-08-24). "The war's over on 'The Rachel Zoe Project'". latimes.com. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- "Bravo Expands Unscripted Programming By 20% And Unveils Premiere Dates For Returning Shows". tvbythenumbers.com. January 10, 2010.
- "Danielah Maryamian is the new Tay". nymag.com. January 2010.
- FN Staff (18 February 2014). "FN Spy the Magazine: The Zoe Report". FN. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Married to Fashion: Rachel Zoe and Rodger Berman". Harper's Bazaar. 2011-01-20. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- Johnson, Zach (2013-06-24). "Rachel Zoe Steps Out After Second Pregnancy Announcement: Picture". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Rachel Zoe Welcomes Son Skyler Morrison". People. 2011-03-24. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rachel Zoe.|
- Official site
- The Zoe Report
- Rachel Zoe at the Internet Movie Database
- The Rachel Zoe Project at Bravotv.com
- "Being Rachel Zoe." - New York Times
- "Interview with Rachel Zoe" - ELLE.com