22 January 1985 |
|Occupation||Journalist, Presenter, Newsreader|
She moved into sports presenting with the Show Jumping Ireland Premier Series in 2008 & 2009 on Sky Sports, Horse & Country TV and TG4, and was the face of Leinster Rugby's online television channel Leinster Rugby TV.
In July 2010, Wyse was offered a contract with Sky Sports News and made her first appearance on the channel the same month. She now works full-time as a Sky Sports News Anchor. Wyse has filmed special reports with Olympic boxer Katie Taylor, Irish international rugby player Brian O'Driscoll and Manchester United player Juan Mata, as well as reporting from the London Olympics 2012 and Wimbledon.
Outside of her television career, Wyse competed internationally for Ireland as part of two European Showjumping Championships teams and has competed on the Irish National circuit.
On St. Patrick's Day 2011, Wyse rode Silent Jo at Cheltenham in the charity race for Cancer Research UK. She raised more than £60,000 for the charity. she was invited to the House of Lords to receive recognition as one of Cancer Research UKs top fundraisers in 2011.
Wyse has a Saturday column in the Irish Independent, WYSE ON SPORT, which contains opinion pieces covering all sports.
- Watch out, Grainne! Sporty Rachel scores a hit with UK viewers Herald.ie, 30 July 2010
- Rachel takes her assets to British sports news Herald.ie, 1 July 2010
- "Rachel Wyse: Queen of sport". Irish Independent. 27 October 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "Carney: We will bring gizmos and gadgets to our GAA coverage". Irish Independent. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Sky Sports announce Wyse, Canavan, English and O’Connor as their GAA team". The Score. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Rachel's big day Sky Sports
- Rachel Wyse at TV Newsroom
- Sky Sports News Special Report Juan Mata http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8713096/
- Interviewing GB Bronze medal Winning team http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/7952048/historic-bronze-for-gb-men