Rada is the term for "parliament" or "assembly" or another "council" in several Slavic countries. Normally it is translated as "council". Sometimes it corresponds to "parliament", or in Soviet Union contexts, to "soviet". It also carries a meaning of advice as in the English word counsel.
Råd in Norwegian/Danish/Swedish means "council" or "assembly" but also "advice", as it does in East Slavic (except Russian) and West Slavic, but not in South Slavic languages.
In Norwegian/Danish/Swedish Råda is the verb of the substantive Råd.
- Česká národní rada, parliament of the Czech Socialist Republic (1969–1990) and the Czech Republic (1990–1992)
- Rada Główna Opiekuńcza (Central Welfare Council)
- Rada Jedności Narodowej (Council of National Unity)
- Rada Polityki Pieniężnej (Monetary Policy Council)
- Rada Trzech (Council of Three)
- Slovenská národná rada (1848–1849)
- Slovenská národná rada (1941)
- Slovenská národná rada (1918)
- Slovenská národná rada (1920)
- Slovenská národná rada (1932)
- Slovenská národná rada (1939–1940)
- Slovenská národná rada (1943–1960)
- Slovenská národná rada (1943–1992)
- Národná rada Slovenskej republiky, the parliament of the Slovak Republic (1992–)
- Sich Rada (Council of Zaporizhian Sich), Cossack Rada
- Tsentralna Rada (Central Council), parliament of the Ukrainian People's Republic
- Verkhovna Rada (Supreme Council), the parliament of Ukraine
Historically, the Verkhovna Rada was also the Supreme Soviet of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (Українська Радянська Соціалістична Республіка [УРСР], Ukrayins'ka Radyans'ka Sotsialistychna Respublika [URSR]), which was itself part of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (Союз Радянських Соціалістичних Республік, [СРСР]), the word rada replacing the Russian word soviet in both cases. See official names of the Soviet Union.
RADA may also refer to:
See also 
- Råda in Sweden
- Sejm (disambiguation)
- State Duma
- De Rada (disambiguation), a Spanish and Italian surname
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|