|City of license||Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth|
|Broadcast area||Australia and Online|
|Slogan||Get On It|
|First air date||4 May 2009|
|Owner||Southern Cross Austereo|
|Website||Radar Radio Website|
Radar Radio (also referred to as Radar Music, colloquially called Radar) was an Australian Digital Radio station. It was run by Southern Cross Austereo from its launch date on 11 December 2008 to the closure of the station Monday 25 November 2013. The Radar Radio website was also taken down on the same day as the station closure.
In late 2009, the station changed its format from unsigned music to new music. While unsigned bands were still played, they only appeared every fourth song. At the same time, Reegan McLaughlin was employed as an announcer and appeared frequently on air.
In November 2013, the station was replaced with TripleM Classic Rock.
- First digital radio station finally on the “radar” - iTWire, 12 December 2008
- Austereo launches Radar Radio showcasing unsigned artists! - Access All Areas, 12 December 2008
- Austereo launches digital Radar Radio - Digital Media, 12 December 2008
- Radar Radio Website - Radar Radio
- Oooh! It’s The New Radar Radio iPad App - Radar Radio