Radiation City in March 2013 at Treefort Music Festival in Boise, Idaho
|Origin||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Labels||Tender Loving Empire, Apes Tapes|
Radiation City is an American indie rock band that began in Portland, Oregon, in 2010. The band consists of Cameron Spies (guitar, vocals), Elisabeth Ellison (vocals, keyboards), Randy Bemrose (drums, vocals), Matt Rafferty (bass, vocals), and Patti King (vocals, keys, bass). There are two couples in the band. The band has released three albums: Cool Nightmare, The Hands That Take You, and Animals in the Median. The band is currently signed to the label Tender Loving Empire. 
Radiation City was initially composed of Lizzy Ellison and her boyfriend Cameron Spies, adding drummer Randy Bemrose for their second show, and bassist Matt Rafferty for their third.  Their debut album The Hand That Takes You was originally released in February 2011 on Ellison and Spies own cassette-only label Apes Tapes. After garnering interest through their live shows, they were picked up by the record label Tender Loving Empire and the album was re-released nationally on September 27, 2011. Time called this debut release "charmingly evocative". After the addition of multi-instrumentalist Patti King they followed their debut up with the Cool Nightmare EP released on April 10, 2012. A music video was recorded for the song "Find it of Use" from this release. Their second full length album, Animals in the Median was released on May 21, 2013 to positive reviews.
- Jarman, Casey. "Portland Best New Band 2012". Willamette Week. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Locker, Melissa (7 August 2012). "11 Great Bands You Don’t Know (But Should)". Time. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "RADIATION CITY : PORTLAND BAND BIO". The Rainy Day Show. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Dozois, Tom. "Our interview with Radiation City: "Dudes' periods don't always do duets like dudettes' do, do they?"". Syffal. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Bartolini, Christiana. "Radiation City - Cool Nightmare EP:: Indie Shuffle Music Blog". Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Orr, Dacey. "Album Stream: Radiation City - The Hands That Take You". Paste Magazine. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Penning, Christa. "Album Review: Radiation City's Animals in the Median". Vox Magazine. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Young, Jon. "Review: Radiation City's "Animals in the Median"". Mother Jones. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Petersen, Jeremy. "Studio Session: Radiation City 2013". Oregon Public Broadcasting. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "'Foreign Bodies' by Radiation City - Free MP3". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Chandler, John. "Review: Radiation City's 'Animals in the Median'". Portland Monthly Magazine. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Parker, Sheehan. "Album Review: Radiation City – “Animals in the Median”". UCLA Radio. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Graham, William. "Animals in the Median Radiation City, your past, present & future – on cassette!". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Ham, Robert. "Radiation City Joins Forces With Tender Loving Empire (w/ Q&A)". Willamette Week. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Young, Chris. "Tender Loving Empire helps Radiation City raise ‘The Hands That Take You’". Oregon Music News. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Comingore, Aly. "Up Close with Radiation City". Santa Barbara Independent. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Cochran, Miles (March 30, 2012). "Portland indie-rockers Radiation City ready new EP; return to Arcata Saturday". Tri-City Weekly. Retrieved 19 June 2013.