|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (July 2014)|
Radical.FM is a digital music streaming service available on iOS devices and Android devices. The service allows users to create their own custom online radio stations based on musical genres. Unlike other streaming services like Spotify and Pandora, Radical.FM is completely free and based on donations through a "pay-what-you-can" model. The mobile application does not show or have audio ads, or charge subscription fees.
Radical.FM claims the service relies on human curation for its genres that are used to build "the best personalized radio stations in the world."
The company plans to release a desktop service in 2014.
- IDG: Bandit-grundare ska ta sig an Spotify
- Billboard.biz: Radical.fm, Swedish Streaming Start-up, Takes Aim at Spotify's Crown
- TechCrunch: Radical.FM Wants To Go After Spotify With An Ad-Free, Listener-Supported Streamed Music Service
- LA Times: Radical.FM tries a freemium business model without the premium
- TheNextWeb: Radical.fm takes its ‘pay-what-you-can’ music-streaming service to Android in the US