Radio in Bahrain
The use of radios in Bahrain extend as far back as to 1955 when the country's first radio broadcasting service, in Arabic, first started. By 1980, the radio service broadcast up to 14 hours a day. The country's first English language radio station was later established in 1977, as a result of an increase in English speakers in Bahrain and the Gulf region. The radio's programmes were primarily religious and educational, with occasional news announcements.
Almost all radio stations in Bahrain are state-owned, by the Bahrain Radio and Television Corporation though privately owned radio stations like the Hindi-language Your FM104.2, which serves the country's Indian community, operate in the country.
- 93.3FM Bahrain FM (Arabic)
- 96.9FM Arabic Classic Music Station (Arabic Oldies Music)
- 106.1FM Holy Quran Radio (Religious)
- 96.5FM Radio Bahrain (English)
- 102.3FM Radio Bahrain (Arabic)
- 98.4FM Youth Radio (Modern Music)
- 104.2FM Your FM (Hindi, Malayalam)
- 95.0FM Traditional FM (Bahraini Traditional Music)