Radiodread is a 2006 album by the Easy Star All-Stars, a collaboration of reggae and ska artists. They have released one album previously, Dub Side of the Moon, a reggae take on Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon. Radiodread is a complete, song by song makeover of Radiohead's OK Computer into reggae, ska, and dub.
Easy Star Records CEO Eric Smith and executive producer of the album said:
- "Reggae has always tackled dark subject matter, but manages to do it in a way that still conveys hope at the bleakest moments. Radiohead's approach is similar."
Michael Goldwasser, who produced Dub Side of the Moon and produced and arranged Radiodread:
- "OK Computer has elements that are perfect [for reggae] -- strong melodies, intense dynamics and trippy soundscapes. On the other hand, it has complex time signatures, lots of chord changes and things that typically aren't found in reggae. However, the more we looked at it, the more we realized that this was an album we had to do. Radiohead has given their blessing to the tracks they've heard so far, and we are excited for them to hear the complete album."
In fact, the band did approve of the album, with Thom Yorke praising it and Jonny Greenwood describing it as "truly astounding".
The track listing is identical to OK Computer's, and no songs were changed by the Easy Star All-Stars, except for "Fitter Happier" (which has slightly altered lyrics to fit the style, with permission from Radiohead), and "Paranoid Android". The new lyrics are essentially the same, but phrased differently, including some Jamaican patois. For example, "God loves his children" becomes "Jah loves his children".
Track listing 
The track listing is the same as Radiohead's OK Computer, with two bonus tracks:
- "Airbag" (featuring Horace Andy) – 5:00
- "Paranoid Android" (featuring Kirsty Rock) – 6:27
- "Subterranean Homesick Alien" (featuring Junior Jazz) – 4:41
- "Exit Music (For a Film)" (featuring Sugar Minott) – 4:23
- "Let Down" (featuring Toots & the Maytals) – 4:44
- "Karma Police" (featuring Citizen Cope) – 4:48
- "Fitter Happier" (featuring Menny More) – 2:20
- "Electioneering" (featuring Morgan Heritage) – 4:34
- "Climbing Up the Walls" (featuring Tamar-kali) – 4:56
- "No Surprises" (featuring The Meditations) – 4:02
- "Lucky" (featuring Frankie Paul) – 5:45
- "The Tourist" (featuring Israel Vibration) – 4:07
- "Exit Music (For a Dub)" – 4:39
- "An Airbag Saved My Dub" – 4:50
See also 
External links