Radu Lucian Sulica
Radu Lucian Sulica is a Romanian-born American laryngologist and author. He currently serves as Associate Professor and Chief, Laryngology and Voice Disorders at the Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City. Sulica has published several books in the field, including Vocal Fold Paralysis, the compendium on this dominant topic in laryngology. His recent review of a sub-category of vocal fold paralysis, the idiopathic cases, is now required reading by the MLL and several leading organizations in laryngology.
He is notable among contemporary practitioners of laryngology for his prolific writing and focus on the historical context of laryngology and its problems; for example, his paper "War, politics & the voice: The vocal fold paralysis of George Orwell".
Further contributions include his early adoption and promotion of Gray's mini-thyrotomy, his singular description of laryngeal thrush, and being a major proponent of the significance of vocal fold paresis in voice complaints.
His latest collaboration, with Ryan Branski, PhD of the New York University Voice Center is entitled Classics in Voice and Laryngology. Branski and Sulica have compiled and edited fundamental articles in laryngology and contacted the original authors to get their updated comment and critique of their work.
- "Lucian Sulica, M.D. | Weill Cornell Physicians Organization | Advancing Science. Enhancing Life". Weillcornell.org. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- Blitzer, Andrew; Lucian Sulica (2006). Vocal Fold Paralysis. Berlin: Springer. ISBN 3-540-23765-8.[page needed]
- Sulica L (July 2008). "The natural history of idiopathic unilateral vocal fold paralysis: evidence and problems". The Laryngoscope 118 (7): 1303–7. doi:10.1097/MLG.0b013e31816f27ee. PMID 18496160.
- Sulica L (February 2007). "War, politics, and voice: the vocal fold paralysis of George Orwell". The Laryngoscope 117 (2): 364–70. doi:10.1097/01.mlg.0000249949.27249.82. PMID 17277635.
- http://www.annals.com/toc/auto_abstract.php?id=15227[not in citation given]
- Sulica L (May 2005). "Laryngeal thrush". The Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology 114 (5): 369–75. PMID 15966523.
- Sulica, L; Courey, M; Postma, G; Garrett, C; Bielamowicz, S; Merati, A (2008). "Vocal Fold Paresis". Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 139 (2): P27. doi:10.1016/j.otohns.2008.05.089.
- [dead link]