|Full name||Rafael Cabral Barbosa|
|Date of birth||20 May 1990|
|Place of birth||Sorocaba, Brazil|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Sorocaba, Rafael joined Santos youth system in 2003. In 2010 he was promoted to the first team, but broke his right leg in a split with the centre back Domingos, who then played for Santos, being sidelined for four months.
Rafael played in the second half of the match between Santos and the New York Red Bulls in the United States. It was won by Red Bull by 3–1 but Rafael did not concede a goal, the three goals from New York were scored in the first half, when the goalkeeper was Fábio Costa.
His debut in the first team for Santos in an official game took place on 2 June 2010, the match between Santos and Cruzeiro in Mineirão, where the score was 0–0. He took the place of Felipe, who had played all previous 37 games that season.
On 20 August 2012, Rafael Cabral's right eye started bleeding when he collided with Juan Manuel Martínez in a 2012 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A fixture between Santos and Corinthians. He then recovered and was able to continue the game. Santos won the game 3–2.
On 28 June 2013, Rafael was sold from Santos to Italian side Napoli. Azzurri paid €5 million for the Brazilian goalkeeper. Rafael made his UEFA Champions League debut against Arsenal in a group stage match in Naples. Napoli won the match 2-0 and Rafael was able to keep a clean sheet against the English side. Nevertheless, Napoli was unable to advance out of the group stages.
- (Correct as of 20 Febbruary 2014[update])
- São Paulo State League: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Copa do Brasil: 2010
- Copa Libertadores: 2011
- Recopa Sudamericana: 2012
- "Goleiro Rafael é cortado e está fora da Olimpíada". Estadão. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Santos acerta venda do goleiro Rafael para o Napoli". Estadão. 28 June 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- Weir, Stewart (31 August 2014). "Genoa 1-2 Napoli: Dramatic De Guzman strike seals victory". Goal.com. Retrieved 31 August 2014.