|Rafael Serrano Quevedo|
|Born||Rafael Serrano Quevedo
9 August 1966
|Occupation||Chief Executive Officer of Prime Investors Capital|
|Known for||Financier and Entrepreneur|
Rafael Serrano Quevedo (born 9 August 1966) is a Spanish financier and entrepreneur. As the Chief Executive of Prime Investors Capital, Serrano purchased the lease to Admiralty Arch, a landmark London building, and developed the BVLGARI Hotel and Residences in Knightsbridge.
Early life 
Rafael Serrano Quevedo was born 9 August 1966 in Madrid, Spain. During his higher education, he earned a Postgraduate Certificate in Finance and Investment Portfolio from London Business School, a Diploma in Business and Management from Oxford University, and then a Master of Arts with Honours from University of Madrid’s Faculty of Law.
Serrano started his career in 1991 at JP Morgan as an Investment Banker in Capital Markets and International Fund Management. Serrano then spent three years in London before moving to the offices on Wall Street, New York. On his return to the UK in 2002, he became the Managing Director of Focus Investment Group, Europe, an investment management company. From 2005 to 2008, Serrano was the Vice-Chairman of the British Red Cross Ball Committee.
In 2009, Serrano became the Founder and CEO of Prime Investors Capital (PIC) Limited, an investment management company focusing on Finance, Private Equity and Property. A number of the projects have been reported in the media. Namely, the BVLGARI Hotel and Residences in Knightsbridge.
In October 2012, Prime Investors Capital led a UK based team of 20 British companies to secure a high profile bid to purchase a 125 year lease of Admiralty Arch from the UK Government, with plans to restore the Grade I listed building and create a hotel that preserves its historic design. Serrano purchased the 125 year lease of Admiralty Arch from the UK Government in October 2012. Admiralty Arch is the first major building to be sold by the Government, as part of austerity measures to rationalise their property portfolio and raise funds for the Exchequer. Originally designed by Sir Aston Webb and built by John Mowlen & Co in 1912 in memory of Queen Victoria, the building has been the recent home of the Cabinet Office. It was previously the address of the First Sea Lord and high ranking naval officers.
In November 2012, Serrano was named in the top 1000 most influential Londoners by the Evening Standard newspaper, and of those ranked within the top 30 property developers alongside the Duke of Westminster and Emir of Qatar. Serrano is also a member of the Investment Property Forum.
Personal life 
Originally from Madrid, Spain he now lives in London with his wife and two children, Maxi and Maria Mia.
- "Admiralty Arch owner on hunt for assetsl". FT.com. 2013-03-29.
- "Serrano on the hunt for £500m of trophy buildings". primeresi.com. 2013-04-02.
- "Admiralty Arch to become luxury hotel in £60 million deal". telegraph.co.uk. 2012-10-26.
- "Admiralty Arch sold to Spanish investor". ft.com. 2012-10-24.
- "Rooms with a view of capital grandeur as Admiralty Arch falls to the Spanish". thetimes.co.uk. 2012-10-26.
- "Admiralty Arch sold for 60 million pounds". reuters.com. 2012-10-25.
- "Admiralty Arch Hotel to become exclusive hotel". standard.co.uk. 2012-10-26.
- "London's historic Admiralty Arch will become a hotel". latimes.com. 2012-10-25.
- "Una gran pica en Londres". abc.es. 2012-11-02.
- "Buyers Prize Glitziest London Hotels as $25 Cocktails Flow". bloomberg.com. 2011-12-16.
- "Bulgari to adorn hotel.(UK)". business.highbeam.com. 2011-02-04.
- "Bulgari Hotels & Resorts has signed an agreement for the new Bulgari Hotel in London". tourismandaviation.com. 2011-02-14.
- "Admiralty Arch to be made into a luxury hotel". bbc.co.uk. 2012-10-26.
- "London's Admiralty Arch to open as luxury hotel after Spanish developer spends £60m". dailymail.co.uk. 2012-10-26.
- "Admiralty Arch To Become Luxury Hotel". news.sky.com. 2012-10-26.
- "Admiralty Arch deal completes". propertyweek.com. 2012-10-25.
- "Admiralty Arch to become London's next landmark hotel after sale to Spanish investor". independent.co.uk. 2012-10-26.
- "The 1000: London's most influential people at Burberry store magazine launch". standard.co.uk. 2012-11-08.
- "London's 1000 most influential people 2012: Deal brokers, Property". standard.co.uk. 2012-11-08.
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (November 2012)|