|Date of birth||2 September 1986|
|Place of birth||Algiers, Algeria|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|1993–2000||CREPS Ben Aknoun|
|2000–2005||NA Hussein Dey|
|2005–2008||NA Hussein Dey||45||(1)|
|2008–2010||→ Nacional (loan)||34||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 20 May 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Algiers, Halliche began playing football at the age of seven with CREPS Ben Aknoun. After seven years with the club he joined the junior ranks of NA Hussein Dey, making his senior debut on 30 January 2006 in a league match against Paradou AC, coming on as a substitute in the 74th minute.
In the January 2008 transfer window, Halliche received interest from a number of French clubs, namely AJ Auxerre and Valenciennes FC. However, on 30 January, he signed a four-year contract with Portugal's S.L. Benfica, which immediately loaned him to fellow league outfit C.D. Nacional until the end of the season.
On 30 March 2008 Halliche made his debut for Nacional, coming on at half-time in a 2–0 home league win against União de Leiria. He would go on to make two more appearances as a starter for the club before going back to Benfica at the end of the loan, which was then extended for the entirety of 2008–09, and also the following season.
On 16 August 2010, Halliche was reported to be linked with a move to Premier League side Fulham, for £1.3 million. On 23 August, Benfica confirmed the sale of the player, who signed a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
Halliche made his official début 8 January 2011, replacing Brede Hangeland in the FA Cup's third round tie against Peterborough United: he conceded a penalty in the 85th minute for tripping Craig Mackail-Smith, in an eventual 6–2 win. His first league appearance came on the 22nd, again from the bench (for Aaron Hughes), in a 2–0 home win against Stoke City.
Swansea City made a successful loan bid for Halliche during the 2011 summer transfer window, but several weeks after the deadline, FIFA denied international clearance to Swansea for both his move and Darnel Situ's move from RC Lens, leaving the defender as a Fulham player, subject to an appeal by the Welsh side.
On 6 December 2011 Halliche went on a week-long trial with Celtic in the Scottish Premier League, but nothing came of it. On 31 August of the following year, Fulham confirmed that the player's contract had been terminated by mutual consent.
Halliche made his debut for Algeria on 31 May 2008 against Senegal, coming as a substitute for Anthar Yahia in the 75th minute. On 18 November 2009 he started in the decisive tie-breaker against Egypt for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, as the national side won 1–0 in Sudan and returned to the FIFA World Cup 24 years after its last presence.
Halliche was also summoned for the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations in Angola: he kept the national side's qualification hopes alive after scoring the only goal in a win against Mali, after a loss to Malawi in the opener. In the semifinals he was sent off in the first half after being given two yellow cards, the last one also resulting in a penalty, in a 0–4 loss against Egypt.
Halliche was picked to represent Algeria in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, playing all the matches and minutes as the national side only conceded two goals in the group stage, but finished last in their group after failing to score once.
- Azibi, Abdelatif (27 June 2009). "Le Buteur s’invite chez Halliche" [Le Buteur visits Halliche] (in French). Le Buteur. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Division 1 18e j NAHD 1–1 PAC" (in French). DZFoot. 30 January 2006. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Newcastle United plotting late swoop for Fulham bound Benfica defender Rafik Halliche; Goal.com, 16 August 2010
- "Halliche no Fulham (Halliche to Fulham)". Benfica's official website. 23 August 2010. Archived from the original on 23 November 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2013(Portuguese).
- "Algeria defender Halliche seals Fulham move". ESPN Soccernet. 24 August 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Fulham 6–2 Peterborough". Fulham FC. 8 January 2011. Archived from the original on 11 January 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Fulham 6–2 Peterborough". Fulham FC. 8 January 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Fulham 2–0 Stoke City". Fulham FC. 22 January 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Swans denied clearance for duo". Sky Sports. 15 September 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- "Celtic take Fulham defender on trial". STV. 7 December 2011. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Halliche released". Fulham FC. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Halliche assina por duas temporadas" [Halliche signs for two seasons] (in Portugesse). Expresso XL. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Algeria 0–4 Egypt; BBC Sport, 28 January 2010
- Rafik Halliche – FIFA competition record
- Stats and profile at Zerozero
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- Premier League profile
- Rafik Halliche career stats at Soccerbase
- Rafik Halliche at National-Football-Teams.com
- Rafik Halliche profile at DZFoot.com (French)